Today was wonderful. In many ways. Many sweet moments. For one, it's the fifth Sunday.That means I got to be with Andrew for the entire 3 hours of church. He held my hand lots and put his arm around me and smiled at me lots. I sure love him. I'm glad I get him forever.
The girls are so good to me. They know how to cheer me up. I was feeling sad today and they picked up on it. When Angela saw that I was sad today, she said, "Mama, do you want to snuggle me in my bed?" She knew just how to cheer me up. She snuggled me and made me feel happy. Then, to my delight, Carolyn noticed I was a little sad, too, and said, "Mom, you are the best mom in the world. I love you." I am sure grateful that I have the best daughters in the world.
Angela gave an amazing FHE lesson today. And she did it all on her own. I love how she picked the topic. She involved us all and really helped us to feel the spirit. She asked us all how we feel when we see the temple while she showed us her favorite picture she picked out of the Salt Lake Temple. Before the lesson, she had us all draw pictures of how we can prepare ourselves for the temple. During her lesson, she had us all share what we drew. Here is pictures of what some of what we drew...
Another one I drew was of being honest. I used an example of Angela this week. When we were washing my car yesterday, I instructed Angela to wash the insides of the windows and not the outsides. She ended out washing the outside of the car window and was honest and told me right away. This is the kind of honesty that can prepare us for the temple.
Angela drew a picture of the prophet to prepare us for the temple.
This was the one that stood out in my heart the most. When Angela was first preparing for the lesson, I asked her, "How can you prepare yourself for the temple." She thought for a second and responded, "Draw pictures of Jesus." How beautiful. Angela expresses her testimony and her heart through drawings. What a beautiful way that she can personally prepare for the temple.
Here is Carolyn's two :)....I love her example to me and the way she prepares for the temple and baptism...
This weeks Challenge: Draw one more picture to share of how we personally prepare for the temple.
No comments:
Post a Comment