My parents totally surprised me and sent me a check in the mail for my birthday. An unexpected $50 was a great surprise. The girls and I discussed for a bit on how I should use my money and decided that buying a big picture of our Savior for our family room would be wonderful! I have always wanted to buy a big picture to put in the family room. Me - being the frugal person - has headed to the counsel to hung pictures of Christ and temples in the home - my pictures mostly come from Thrift Store frames I paint and pictures I cut out of magazines and calendars and such. I felt like we could afford a big picture with my birthday money and was excited about it. I have always wanted "O Jerusalem." Always dreamed of that one. When the Lord whispered in my heart to let the girls help me decided what to put on our wall. It was AMAZING and so fun to pick out a picture with the girls. It took a long time - we would look at pictures and share with each other what we thought and what we would think every time we looked at the picture. We picked our top two pictures and then at FHE, brought Andrew's amazing perspective and testimony in. As a family, we chose this picture to hang on our wall:
Here are the family's thoughts on the picture and why we love it and what it can remind us of when we look at it:
Angela - "It makes me feel like I will live with Heavenly Father.:
Carolyn - "It looks like the boy is on an outing with Jesus. Jesus takes time for everyone and he is holding the boy's hand. And it's by water. When I see Him by the water it makes me think of Him getting baptized. It brings the spirit to my heart. I like what Daddy says that the light is only on Jesus. Jesus is the light of the world."
We are putting it over our TV. Angela says - "If it's a bad thing, you can turn it off"
No comments:
Post a Comment