Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Teaching with the Scriptures

I learn so much from other peoples' amazing example. Someone spoke a few months ago about how they deal with arguments with their kids and such with using the scriptures. I was reminded of this again and have been so inlove with that idea. The scriptures are the best teachers - the best way to teach! It's been so fun for me to use the scriptures to teach when the cuties are forgetting to be nice or something. Here are two from the past couple of days...One of the girls was being silly with the words she was using - inappropriate words. So, we discussed D&C 52:16. It taught it more beautiful than I could have ever done and I felt it brought the spirit into our home and a great discussion. Another time a couple of the girls weren't getting along so we searched the scriptures for how to be peacemakers. Another great experience. Kinda excited for what the future will bring...what other scriptures will we be able to use to discuss and learn together?

No comments: