Spring Break is making me SOOO antsy for summer! Oh, the day when I have all my cuties home with me all day long.
Day 1 of Spring Break---started with Angela and me playing "hide and seek" with her sight words. Here she is finding one of her sight words hidden...
Afterwards, Emily and Angela taped Angela's sight words all over the house. The whole family has to say the word when they come across it. For instance, they have to say "eight" before going outside...
....or another sight word before sitting down on this chair at the table :) Carolyn and Angela have fun changing the sight words up so we don't just memorize the sight word to location...we really have to learn how to read it :)
AMAZING part of day...we fixed my bike!!! It's my bike from when I was like 12 and just brought along with us in our moves but never working. The girls and I got it working today. Oh my goodness....I felt like a kid again today riding bikes with the girls! I am saving my money up to get a used trailer for Emily (and future kids) to ride in! What a fun!
I really can't recall Emily ever doing this puzzle with me. It's a 48 piece. I believe just Angela would do this one because it's one of her favorites. Anyways, Emily sat down and really focused. It took her about 40 min but she did it all on her own...without her doing it before (that I can recall).......if that's not enough, she went straight to pointing to the letters in her "Dear Zoo" book and saying the sounds and then trying to blend them together to make a word.
After learning, park, and reading...we did some chores...then headed to the Children's Museum. We spent most of our time there pretending we were Veterinarians and caring for animals. We then played at a fun park outside of the Museum. We spent most of the time pretending to be Pirates. They have a fake boat there and a tire swing. The girls would pretend to be on the ocean as pirates while sitting on the tire swing...then we'd see something scary (like a shark) and I'd push the girls high and crazy as we tried to "escape" the dangerous surroundings. Then, we did the bedtime routine (I am trying to leave extra time for us all to journal together before bed). Today was the first time Carolyn informed me that I am no longer allowed to read her journal. Before it was always opened to me but she informed me today that she was starting to write personal things so it was for her only)....speaking of things Carolyn might write in her journal. She had an amazing missionary experience last week...esp for a 2nd grader. Her friend, Matthew, and Carolyn were talking and Carolyn told him that she was a Mormon. Mathew said, "Mormons changed the bible." Wow. Andrew and I were shocked to hear that Carolyn was already having conversations like this! Carolyn was a wonderful representative of our Savior and a great missionary. She is excited to go back after Spring Break and discuss with Matthew about Joseph Smith and talk about her favorite Bible Story with Matthew. What a great missionary! What an example! Angela also had amazing experiences - esp. for a cutie that is in Kindergarten! She was able to talk to two of her friends this past week and share with them that she went to church. One of them responded that she goes to church and the other one went to church a long time ago. My girls are such amazing examples to me on how to be representatives of Him and share His gospel.
Anyways, Part of the bedtime routine also included a very special treat...we snuggled in Andrew and my bed and watched "Frozen" with Daddy! It was so fun! Carolyn told our hometeachers that Daddy love the songs to "Frozen" more than anyone else. I said, "That means Carolyn has a good daddy." To which they replied, "That does mean you have a good daddy!" HOw amazing of a dad is Andrew that he takes so much interest and fun in what the girls love. Seriously, how did we get so lucky!!!???
No comments:
Post a Comment