Last day of Spring Break....boohoo!! This morning Angela and I had some time together. I love the fact that she wakes up early with me. I love my Angela Time in the mornings. She has been working hard this Spring Break - she got a list of her sight words done! Woot! Woot! Go Angela! Those aren't easy!
Angela also made this beautiful new addition to our home this morning. I think it's the perfect spot to put it by our window that looks like tree branches. Angela and I talked and researched strong trees and talked about how President Monson relates it to trials in life making us strong. I love Angela's picture! It looks so beautiful!!!!
Good
timber does not grow with ease,
The
stronger wind, the stronger trees.
The
further sky, the greater length.
The
more the storm, the more the strength.
By
sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In
trees and men good timbers grow.
“Only
the Master knows the depths of our trials, our pain, and our
suffering. He alone offers us eternal peace in times of adversity. He
alone touches our tortured souls with His comforting words:
“Come
unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you
rest.
“Take
my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:
and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
“For
my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
(President Monson; Mathew
11:28-29)
After this...we made banana bread. The girls all thought about who they personally felt like they should bring some bread to. Angela picked one of her primary teachers, Sister Pearson....Carolyn picked her Primary Teachers, the Buffingtons. We also brought some to Torrie (a friend in the ward) and another person who just had surgery. I love how the girls love to serve....they are such an example to me. We also did a surprise clean for Daddy....he doesn't know about it and won't know about it until he gets in his car Monday morning...but we took out trash, cleaned (Angela and Carolyn sprayed the windows and cleaned the dashboards, etc), and vacuumed it. It felt good to serve the man of our life. He does so much for us and we love him. After bread deliveries and car-cleaning, we went swimming! It was so fun. The girls are cute fishies! It was fun to watch Angela and Carolyn play together. They are such sweet friends. This whole break they are so sweet together. One night after we had a full day of being out and about having fun, they were so devastated that they didn't have time to just play around together. A couple of days ago, one of my good friends asked me if they girls ever fought. I laughed. Yes, was the answer. But they are sure sweet and try their hardest. I am so blessed to have such angels as my daughters. Boo-hoo to Spring Break being over! Sniff! Sniff!
No comments:
Post a Comment