Sunday, March 9, 2014

How to ....

I love working with my girls. I get lonely when I am by myself working - and I love being with my girls. Sometimes I talk them into dancing for me/reading to me while I am working in the Kitchen or wherever - which I love. Especially Angela loves doing dance performances for me to entertain me through my chores. She also loves to read to me while I am working. It makes me smile. I really also love it when they join in on the cooking with me. Here are Angela and Emily making "Chicken Fingers." It was our first time making it and I think it's a keeper. On Friday, Carolyn had a huge party in her class. They were having a "how-to" unit and her teacher incorporated it into "How to cook/bake..." Each student brought in a food that represented something for their family - culture, tradition, etc. Carolyn brought in Marshmallow Brownies because she said it's her favorite family treat - and the family loves it, too. She had to bring in a copy of the recipe and instructions on "how to make..." We went home with a book full of recipes from the class. We've already made 2 of them. And it's Sunday. Anyways- chicken fingers were in there. A healthy meal for our family. And yummy. Thanks for Angela and Emily helping me!! Can you believe that they will help me with this. I am so lucky!

No comments: