Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014

Carolyn is the most ticklish person in the world. Just no one tops her. Today I was cutting her toenails and she seriously couldn't contain herself. She was going CrAzY as I held her foot to cut her toenails. No tickling...JUST holding her feet....and she was going nuts. Absolutely nuts-o!

Emily was a little angel today. I have been really trying to not be so distracted. I only have a few years with my precious girls and then they move on. I want to savor every moment with my sweeties. I try not to talk on the phone, text, check email, etc during the day with them. Definitely not near perfect to this, but I try. But sometimes I feel like it is best (good, better, best) to be doing phone calls, emails, etc. for things such as my calling. Today was one of those days. I love how we do visiting teaching reports in my ward. I get to personally call each sister in my district and talk to them personally about how each sister is doing...not an email or a text...a phone call. I love it. It's such a great way to get to talk to the sisters each month. Anyways, I needed to do some calls today. Emily was such an angel. We talked a lot about today and how it would be different - I needed to do things for my calling. Of course, we worked up to the moment...talked about it a lot and tried to give her lots of attention before hand. When the time came, she was such a sweety during my phone calls....she sat by me and did puzzles most all the time and would wait until in between calls. She is such a sweetie. And it was such a tender mercy of Heavenly Father's....through my sweet girl.

Angela, Emily, and I also got to work this morning. My very good friend's birthday was today. Her husband is a pilot and always gone. We decided we would make her favorite cake...by scratch. And the recipe required lots of steps and lots of work (and it was lots of yummy). The girls helped me so much. During making the cake, Angela exclaimed out of no where, "I love this!" After making the cake, we road bikes on a dirt road and delivered the cake to Amy - I love my friend, Amy. I learn so much from her amazing talents. So fun we got to make her a yummy cake today.




 I laughed pretty hard after this picture was taken. The funny thing is this is a common look for Emily. Yes, she's crazy.

No comments: