Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring Break: Day 2

Today Emily had us all laughing hard. We were discussing what they girls wanted to be when they grow up. Carolyn said she wants to be a mom first...but if she isn't able to have children/marry - she wants to be an artist, author, teacher, librarian, and about a million other things. Angela wants to be a mom and a teacher. She'll make a great teacher- she loves younger children and helping and serving others - most important characteristics of a teacher, I think. While we were discussing, Emily declared, "I want to be a kid!!" Haha, we were all laughing. It was just so funny.

Angela and Carolyn got to go to a party today for Aalijah...one of Angela's best friends at Turnberry! They had so much fun - princess, musical chairs, cupcakes, making necklaces...what fun :)!





I was so impressed with Carolyn's Problem Solving Skills today. She was trying to decided whether to go to the party with Angela or hang out with Emily and me. She put together this awesome chart to problem solve. Green circles are positives of going to party; red are positives of staying with me. She wrote down the positives of each and then figured out which scored the highest. Seriously, amazing problem solving skills. It made me smile...I am going to be using that idea to help me make decisions...
After the party, we went to my favorite store. The Thrift store. Particularly, my FAVORITE Thrift Store it the world. It's an Arc Thrift Store in Broomfield. I have had friends tell me about other Thrift Stores they love and I just can't find one that I love more than Broomfields Arc. They have half day on Saturdays (almost all items are half priced)...we love going there. the girls love it, too. Here are our finds from the store today!

For my Bday Present ("Take My Hand" from Greg Olson) it would have been about $129 to have it framed....of course, I can't pay that sorta price. So, I got the print/matt for about $38 and then bought this $10 beautiful gold and black frame...it matches beautifully the picture and my other picture frames in the house. Now, we are just waiting for the picture to arrive so we can get it up on the wall!  
 Angela REALLY wanted a pinata for her bday party in May...but those princess pinatas cost about $32 at Walmart.....I was just going to make one...but then we found this...it was CHEAPER than me making it myself and a whole lot cuter ($3!)
 My microwave plate has been broken for months. It was a $30 fix online to get a new plate. We got this puppy for $3!
 The girls picked out summer hats....each of them fit them perfect, I think. Can you guess which hat goes to which girl? Emily picked out her FAVORITE color in the world (blue)...Angela picked out a flowery, bowy, princess hat...and Carolyn picked out a cute pink one.I think these would be around $10 at the store...we got them for about $1.
 We have been having non-stop coloring parties with this already! A uncolored 400 page book of poney pictures. I love coloring with the girls (and doing puzzles)...I think it's because it's something we can do together while talking. I love talking and coloring with the girls. It's so relaxing and brings great conversation.
 Emily is obsessed with her new waterbottle. She brought it to church on Sunday to show to her Nursery Teacher. I am always in shock and not willing to buy good waterbottles. This waterbottle is fantastic ...it doesn't leak...is cute and about $7 at Walmart...we got a brand new looking one for $1. It's about time Emily stops drinking her sippy cup :)

 We also went to a produce market store. I think Andrew thinks some of the stores I shop at are "ify" but I love a good deal! And love being thrift! It's a market that sells local produce for much cheaper than anywhere else. It's in Denver and I love it! Today I bought 40 pounds of bananas for $2!!!!! I left out some of them for us to eat/use for banana bread and granola bars...then packed up the rest in the freezer for a few months supply of smoothies. I make a smoothie most every morning for me and Andrew (and homemade juice for the girls)...and Angela and Emily often drink smoothies for lunch - so we use a lot of frozen bananas.
Yah for good deals! We ended the day with dinner with Dad (yahoo! first time all week - we LOVE when he's home at night (and so grateful for his job at the same time!)! And had fun coloring and talking!

No comments: