Thursday, August 3, 2017

I love the many sweet moments mom get. They are heaven on earth, I think. Here was mine today...

Tommy has a hard time traveling. Not the driving part, just the part of not being able to sleep in his own bed. It's a struggle for sweet Tom. And a little bit of a struggle when we get back from a trip. He has to adjust to sleeping again and not being up all night watching "The Land Before Time" (yes, the only way we could calm Tommy so he wouldn't keep everyone up all night - he would sometimes watch it 3 times while everyone slept :) Anyways, tonight we were still trying to get Tommy to sleep back in his own bed. The only way he was happy in his bed was if I sat beside him and held his hand while he fell asleep. Sometimes I'd kinda try to slip my hand out of his when I thought he was asleep and he would frantically grip my hand as tight as he could. It was so cute. I sat there holding his hand while holding my sweet Julie in my other arm.  After holding Tom's hand and Julie and being in heaven, I went to my bedroom. There I found Andrew and Carolyn snuggling up and reading "tennis shoes among the Nephites" I snuggled in with them and listened to the story.

I love my heaven on earth. I love my family. They truly bring me some of the greatest joys.

1 comment: