I love Carolyn. I love her testimony. We have been discussing a lot about how the prophet wants us to have a year of food storage so Carolyn has been by my side helping our family get one year supply.
I used the calculator on Provident Living to figure out how much food our family needs for a year supply. It has been an amazing experience. For instance, last week we hit a few stores with sales to put in our food storage. Yesterday we had all the food out in the different categories and Carolyn and I together used math to figure out how much we have (lots of adding) and how much more we needed. We did a lot of math in our head, used the calculator, and used Excel to help us find the difference as well. It was such a beautiful experience today! We talked about what the prophet teaches us, we did math together, and we just got to talk and spend time together. I love the gospel. I love the joy and peace it brings. I love how a commandment like getting food storage can bring even more blessings that just having the food storage- today it brought a beautiful moment with Carolyn where we could learn and talk together.
Here is what we have so far! We are getting close to one year!! In March Carolyn and I are determined to have a full supply!
FOOD - IN POUNDS:
FOOD NEED WE HAVE DIFFERENCE
Grains 1580 1308 272
Sugar 237 163 74
Legumes 237 237 0
Dairy 118 5 113
Leaving Agents 24 22 2
Fats 119 33 86
Whole Wheat Ginger Cookies
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment