Saturday, August 28, 2010

Raw Green Smoothies

The girls and I have been so inlove with making raw green smoothies in the morning for breakfast! Obviously, it’s an amazing way to start off the day (so many servings of fruit and veges all at once – including spinach (which is amazing for you)). Anyways, there are a million different ways to make them....but this is how the girls and I have been making them:

1 c. water
1 big handful of spinach
1 banana

Then you can add whatever fruits and veges in your house (cucumbers, oranges, apples, etc.)

Blend it all up! A perfect start to a day!

(If you or your kids need to adjust to the taste – my sister-in-law gave me the idea of adding apple juice to sweeten it up a little and then gradually cutting the apple juice out - or just always keep the apple juice in there - I still think it's great for you with it in there)

Making the smoothie....

1 comment:

The Lambert Family said...

How funny! Do they taste good??