Thursday, August 26, 2010

An Answer to My Prayers

Right now I am a pianist in the Relief Society.

I didn’t know you play the piano,” is probably what a lot of you are thinking. Well, I don’t. I am learning.

Since I don’t have a piano and I have felt strongly that the Lord wants me to learn (and I've just always wanted a piano in our home), a few weeks ago, I started praying for one. It’s not in our budget right now to buy a used piano for $1000 or whatever (there are free ones on craigslist – but there are reasons they are free!).

About two weeks ago, a neighbor that I don’t know very well came over to my home to inform me that she was having a garage sale in a couple of weeks. After she told me that, she mentioned that she had a piano she was selling for $100 and asked if I wanted it. Without missing a beat I replied, “YES!” She looked at me surprised and said, “Well, you can come look at it first.” I agreed to look at it first but I knew that she was a direct answer to my prayers! The Lord does hear our prayers and continually blesses us with His tender mercies.

The girls just love the piano - I love hearing them play and sing!! Today we actually got the piano - Angela played the piano for quite awhile and then we had to leave to run some errands. The moment we returned home and walked into the house, Angela ran over screaming of joy to the piano. She couldn't wait to pick up where she left off :) Here Angela is belting it out while she plays :)


Carolyn loves music. She used to tell me that she wanted to learn how to play the flute. She still wants to play the flute - but now tells me that she wants to learn how to play every instrument there is. I think a piano is a good place to start :)

9 comments:

Kara said...

wow! how fun for your girls to have a piano to play with now! Too bad that means you actually have to practice now, haha- good luck with your calling!

Jannie said...

Oh, even before I got the piano, I had been putting hours in practicing every week so I didn't look like too much of a fool playing on Sundays :) But I have definitely been practicing more since we've gotten the piano - I think I played it for like a total of 5 hours this weekend - I'm sorta addicted! It's a fun and I'm loving practicing :)

The Lambert Family said...

Oh I am so jealous! I would love a piano! We have no room for one in this house, but maybe someday . . .

Joe and Laurie Denton said...

I am so glad that you were able to get a piano!! I grew up with one and I miss it so much now. I know how much your girls love music, this is such a great thing to have in your home! I am so glad that your prayers were answered!

Brian and Nicole said...

Awesome!

Jen said...

How great! I would really like to get one too--guess I should start praying for it!

Carolyn said...

I'm so excited for you. You certainly deserve it! You have been so faithful in accepting those music callings. I know you are being blessed. What a great story!

brenley said...

I am so SO behind on your blog! CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting to know you are pregnant and expecting another beautiful girl! i hope you have been feeling well. and that is so exciting that you got a piano for $100! oh my, what a tender mercy and such a wonderful blessing! i love all the fun new pictures, the reunion, the school downstairs, the game, everything. so glad you guys are doing well! i can't wait to see pictures of your growing belly over the next few months!

Michelley said...

Oh it's beautiful!!! I'm sorry I've been such a slacker in even getting on here to SEE it! I love it! And what a cool story.