Thursday, August 26, 2010

Best Day Ever

Yesterday morning one of the first things Carolyn said was, "This is the best day ever, right?!"

It was Daddy's birthday! Carolyn has been looking forward and preparing for this day for weeks now....she has been drawing pictures for dad; she picked out a gift for him at the dollar store weeks ago; and she has been planning fun little surprises for him. We sure love that Andrew of ours :)

Here Carolyn is drawing one of her many pictures for dad. This one is a picture of him with her.... Carolyn couldn't decide what kind of cake dad would want - so we made him two. One basketball cake:
And one green cake. Carolyn decorated this one all by herself!! (I helped a little with writing "DAD" on it -but she did the rest! She said is was the most beautiful cake - I totally agree :)
The cake in the making...



Andrew is the best!!! I love that we could just focus on him yesterday and celebrate his amazingness! Here is one thing out of many that we said we loved about Andrew....

Carolyn: Daddy gives me loves

Angela: Daddy - loves!

Jannie: He's funny - he makes me laugh a lot

We love you, Andrew!

4 comments:

Brian and Nicole said...

Wow, Carolyn is quite the artist. I love seeing kid drawings. And please tell her she did an awesome job on the cake! Happy Birthday Andrew

The Lambert Family said...

What a fun birthday! That basketball cake is awesome! Did you make it by yourself?

Carolyn said...

I'm glad that Andrew has you 3 girls to take over his birthday plans for him. Beautiful cakes!!! I'm impressed. We have a little cake decorator in the making.

Michelley said...

Love the 2 cakes!