Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Our Preschool Classroom!

A few weeks ago, I turned part of our basement into a preschool classroom for the girlies. Obviously, it’s nothing fancy, but we have just been loving it... A closer look at it...(this first picture you'll have to tilt your head to see - I'm too lazy to go back and fix it)....




I haven’t posted on my preschool blog in months, but I thought I’d just share 3 things I’ve been loving lately for preschool.

1 – My friend, Lisa, sent me a simplified list of the Colorado preschool and kindergarten guidelines – Thanks, Lisa! I plan on focusing my activities around those guidelines this year.

2- I love the activity mom! Just about all of her ideas are so great and simple! I use a ton of her ideas!!!

3- Over the summer, I didn't do much planning and such, but I did make a lot of phase books for the girls. For Carolyn, I used pictures to make books. She loves them - she loves looking at pictures of herself and whoever else the book is about! They've been a huge hit with her and she wants them to keep coming so those are the books I'll probably mainly be making this year for her. Here are a few of the books I've made....
Examples from in the book...as you can see, I do nothing fancy....just black and white photos. I'm all about simplifying :)
For Angela (and Carolyn), I made chunk word books (a book about "__at" - you can see the example of the hat page in the picture) and other concepts she is learning.

Anyways, I like to document stuff I do for preschool sometimes so I can remember it for future kids (I'll get my preschool blog going in a few weeks so I can do that better...maybe :)

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great ideas. The girls are lucky to have such a great mom! Can I come to preschool when I come over?

Brian and Nicole said...

Seeing the activities you do with you girls makes me feel like such a slacker. I feel like I can barely get my teeth brushed by noon...You are awesome.

Michelley said...

Okay you organized freak! :-) J/k. I was so proud of my 5 containers in the closet...but THIS is amazing! I love what you did!!!!!