Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Tomorrow is the girls' last day at Henderson. Today they brought home bags of papers and stuff to show me. I think I sat on the couch for 1.5 to 2 hours going through all the stuff with each of the girls. These were some of the highlights of the night:

Angela's book about the zoo. About 3 years ago when we went to the zoo it was the hippo's birthday week so they brought him a banana cake and we sang to him and stuff. He actually is the oldest known hippo, I believe. Anyways, it's something Angela always remembers. I think it's so great she included it in her book about the zoo.
Angela's 100 Day page. Love so many things about this. My favorite is that when asked what she hopes to be in 100 years, she responded "A great grandma." ...What a sweet answer! Nothing better than that in 100 years :) And I love her picture of what she looks like today and in 100 years. What a smarty-pants that she knows she's probably going to shrink :)
Angela got to bring home what's been hanging on the wall the last few weeks!!! My mom (Grandma Rebecca Ashton) sent her class some information all about where she lives (St. George). Angela has a very close relationship with my mom. I love that these pictures hung in her classroom. What missionaries my mom and Angela are together!!! Look at those beautiful pictures of the temple and Savior that Angela showed to her class!!! And that picture of the temple hung in her classroom for weeks.
...I also just loved this letter she wrote to her cousin, Cooper (Michelle Ashton Jepesson's son). Her and Cooper are good little buddies. I love some of the things she said in here.
...This just made me laugh. I don't know if I am the snowman or not, but boy does this girl make me smile.
Carolyn's stuff!! I can't remember if I have talked about her talent show in our family journal? She tried out and made it!! Pretty big deal! They only could take 15 acts! So excited for her! She played her violin in front of the entire school and rocked it!
....and I loved reading through some journal entries Carolyn wrote in school. She is only allowed to write in pencil in school but I sure think they should be allowed to write in pen so it will keep for years. Anyways, I loved that she talked her experience being baptized. How amazing to write it down to remember it and also be a missionary to share the experience with her classmates and teacher.

I also loved a journal entry she wrote about her dream place to go. It's one that is going to happen when she is 12!!! We have been planning it for years! When she turns 12, we are going to the Woman's Broadcast together. We'll stay in a hotel and go watch it live. I can't wait...and apparently it's her dream place to go :)

No comments: