- Today Emily and I were eating lunch together.
While eating, Emily said very randomly, "Mom, I know why Heavenly Father made us have hands." Me - "Why?"
Emily - "So we can hold stuff and hold hands."
-
Angela told me that today at school during writing, the prompt was to
write about something precious to them. Angela said, "I was going to
write about the jewel I got from my Secret Santa but then I wanted to
write about you."
- At the dinner table, Andrew looks at Emily and says, "Emily! You are so stinking cute!"
Emily with a completely bewildered face replied very animatedly, "REALLY?! I took a bath!"
-
Tonight the girls got to listen to Daddy tell a continuous story that
he has going on. The girls die to listen to these. After Andrew had told
the story for a little bit he ended with the usual: "To be
continued...." To which the girls exclaimed with complete horror:
"NOOOOOO!!!!"
- Andrew, the girls, and I spent the
last few moments together all squished on our couch. There was silly
tickles going on an a lot of laughter. After this, Angela told me she
had to tell me something that was a secret. So, she took my hand and led
me to the Laundry Room. She shut the door and looked pretty serious.
She said, "Mom, do you want to know why I like River?" (He is her best
friend at school right now). I said, "Why?" Angela replied, "Because he
doesn't say inappropriate things or laugh at inappropriate things. And
he's nice." I am so happy that my Angela knows how to pick out good
friends :)
- Carolyn had an experience at school where
her good friend (we'll call her Lucy) didn't want to play with another
girl (we'll call her Vicki) at their first recess. She encouraged
Carolyn to hide from Vicki. Carolyn refused and went to play with Vicki.
To this, Lucy told her she wasn't her best friends anymore. Carolyn
said she asked Heavenly Father what she should do and during the second
recess Carolyn was really nice to Lucy and Lucy ended out being nice to
her again.
Whole Wheat Ginger Cookies
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment