One of my favorite talks from General Conference was from Elder Callister in the Saturday Afternoon Session. I think I've already read/listened to it 3 times. It is so amazing and is such a blessing to me as I parent. I love how he testified of the importance of teaching children to say morning prayers. He says:
"No doubt most of our youth have their evening prayers, but perhaps
many of them struggle with the habit of personal morning prayer. As
parents, as their prime gospel teachers, we can correct this. Which
parent in Book of Mormon times would have let their sons march out to
the front of battle without a breastplate and shield and sword to
protect them against the potentially mortal blows of the enemy? But
how many of us let our children march out the front door each morning
to the most dangerous of all battlefields, to face Satan and his
myriad of temptations, without their spiritual breastplate and shield
and sword that come from the protective power of prayer? The Lord
said, “Pray always, … that you may conquer Satan” (D&C
10:5). As parents, we can help instill within our children the
habit and power of morning prayer."
I love that!! Esp. found it neat because I am currently reading in Alma were Moroni is valiantly leading the men to battle.
Alma 46:13
13 And he fastened on his head-plate, and his breastplate,
and his shields, and girded on his armor about his loins; and he took
the pole, which had on the end thereof his rent coat, (and he called it
the title of liberty) and he bowed himself to the earth, and he prayed
mightily unto his God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon his
brethren, so long as there should a band of Christians remain to possess the land—
How beautiful that I am read this verse that correlates so beautifully with the lesson.
Today we discussed putting on the armor of God each day with personal morning prayer. How blessed are we that we know how to go into the battlefield each day. Here are pictures of what our family made to remember to put on the Armor of God. We hung our pictures on our door we walk out of each day so we can ask ourselves if we remembered to arm our self.
Look at those beautiful faces fully armed and ready for the day!!!
Whole Wheat Ginger Cookies
16 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment