This morning the girls and I were discussing why we fast. Beautiful answers. It made me reflect on my testimony that all we are asked to do is to draw us close to our Savior.
This morning Emily got allowance for the first time. She really wants to save money to buy some bubble gum. When she got her allowance, we discussed that we are commanded to pay tithing. It brings joy and happiness and builds His church when we pay. Emily didn't want to pay. It took all that I had to not lecture or anything. But, I reminded of Joseph Smith - Teach them correct principles and let them govern themselves. Lehi taught us that- taught his children truth and then let them choose. Not long after, Emily happily said that she did want to pay tithing to Heavenly Father. I was so happy for her. What a great example. We are asked to do things that are hard for us and we can choose to be like Emily and do it and find happiness.
Whole Wheat Ginger Cookies
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment