I don't think I have ever had so much fun playing "duck-duck-goose" as I did today. I don't think anyone in the world has had as much fun as we did tonight. It was so funny and I thought each of the girls were going to wet their paints at some point from all the laughing and giggling going on.
Love FHE. Love that it takes us 2 plus hours. One of the most important things we do as a family - why not make it last? The girls and Dad and I just like to talk a lot, I guess. Our lesson was awesome. We all at one point or more expressed how and that we were feeling the spirit. We were talking about Mosiah 18:11. I showed this picture that I keep in my scriptures. Oh, how this picture illustrates Mosiah 18:11 so beautifully...
This picture was taken right after Carolyn received the gift of the Holy Ghost. I think it so beautiful illustrates that clapping joy we receive from the Holy Ghost. We discussed how that amazing joy - the joy that Carolyn felt on this amazing day...the joy that the people in Mosiah clapped for...it can be felt everyday! Everyday we can be clean like we were after we were baptized. Perfectly clean just as we were perfectly clean after we were baptized. We can fill joy from the good choices we make and the love and the closeness we can feel from being close to our Savior.
We made a poster as a family...
We drew our best happy faces at the top. Like the one Carolyn had...or the one the people in Mosiah had when hearing that they could have the spirit poured in their life. Those feelings can be felt every day.
We then discussed that we need to welcome the spirit in our lives. We based 4 ways we can invite the spirit from President Faust (repent...be modest (I asked Angela to share her thoughts about being modest. It was so amazing. She shared a scripture about Mary. She shared her testimony. She drew pictures to illustrate modesty and how it was accordance to our Savior. In fact, here is her sweet picture:
On the top of the modest picture she wrote our Savior's name. Then on the one with the belly - Satan. Who are we going to chose? She gave an analogy of milk (almond...not so good) and water...the water tasted Much better she said. Being modest is much better :) Love that girl! We had a few more from President Faust and then we all drew pictures and wrote of things we can personally do to feel the spirit in our lives. This week we are challenged to feel the spirit - recognize it. Think about what we are doing/reading/etc...and share with each other and put a big Happy face on the poster.
We also played a sweet game of "Sorry." It was close, but Angela and I lost in the end to Daddy, Carolyn and Emmy.
What a great day!
Whole Wheat Ginger Cookies
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment