- Today while getting in the car for church, Carolyn said, “Mom, I wished I would have invited Santa Clause to my baptism. How cool would it have been if he came.”
- Before bed tonight, the girls and I had a great conversation. I shared with them what I was reading about in Alma. Just pretty much reemphasized how the Lord told Alma in Alma 16 exactly where and what he needed to do. Carolyn then shared what she was learning. She shared about Jospeh and Mary not being able to find Jesus and then finding Him teaching the Doctors. That's how she explained it. Carolyn went on to say that she feels like one bad habit she has is that when she reads the scriptures she doesn't always stop and really think about what it is saying. She said she was working on really understanding and stopping to understand. Then she went on to compliment her sister, Angela. The conversation went something like this:
- Angela told me that she was learning the 2nd verse of “I love to see the temple” so we sung it together. I asked Angela what she was doing to get ready for the temple. Carolyn piped up and said, “Serving. Angela serves! That's one thing she is doing to get ready for the temple. “Angela is a good example of serving. I follow her example. Yesterday when I surprised you and washed the dishes that was because I saw Angela do that before. Angela's example of serving teaches me what I can do to serve.”
Whole Wheat Ginger Cookies
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment