Last week Andrew and I finally gave into getting a professional carpet cleaner for our carpet downstairs. I have tried my very, very best with the carpet. I have used carpet cleaners...hand scrubbed it....basically done all I could and it just looked awful. So, we decided to pay the big bucks (okay...so, I used an amazing coupon and got it cleaned for half price...but still - it was a little chunk of money). Anyways, it looked much much better. This morning Angela was using her birthday gift and sharing it with her sister, Emily. Emily loves when Angela plays "baby" with her and loves when Angela puts her nailpolish on her. How sweet that Angela finds such joy in sharing her nailpolish and taking the time to put it on Emily. This morning Angela put the nailpolish on Emily in the family room (yes, where we had the carpet cleaned). You might be able to guess what happened. Huge nail polish spill on the white and newly cleaned carpet. Angela, Emily, and I got to work RIGHT away to get the nailpolish off. A lot of elbow grease. It looks a ton better but a red mark still remains in the carpet. Rather than look at the carpet in sadness, I decided that I am always going to look at that spot with a smile. It reminds me of Angela and her sweetness to want to share her nailpolish with her sister. It reminds me of her good heart and how she loves to serve and make others happy. It will remind me of Angela's spiritual gift of hard work. That she went RIGHT to work with me and worked her hardest with me to get the stain out. I am going to look at it with a smile. What else can I look at in life with a smile? Are there weaknesses or mistakes I have made that I can smile at because it can remind me of who it helped me become? Thank you, Angela, for this beautiful lesson :) I love you. Thank you for always serving and loving.
No comments:
Post a Comment