Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A few years ago during General Conference, a sister was spoken of that would read her Book of Mormon everyday and then turn to the "Preach My Gospel" book and study how she should teach her children. I love that and have tried to follow those footprints of that mother. This morning I read about Alma. About how he had gone to Ammonihah and taught them. He described them as people who Satan had gotten hold of their hearts. He left and then was told to go back. How did he respond when asked to go back and teach those people? SPEEDILY! Alma SPEEDILY went back. After I had read that for my personal scripture study, I went for my run and listened to my General Conference talks and received inspiration that I so readily do :) I thought about how basically everyday I choose between two shoes. My running shoes and my flipflops. Which shoes do I pick when I go running? My running shoes. I couldn't go very fast in my flipflops. I then thought about Alma and how he reacted when asked to do something difficult. When I am asked to do something - do I get on my running shoes and do it speedily or do I get on my flip-flops? The girls and I had a discussion about this. We called it "WHICH SHOES DO YOU CHOOSE?" Do you choose your running shoes or sandles when asked to do something? Then we made personal posters where we traced and made pictures of our shoes. And put the scripture on the bottom where Alma SPEEDILY returned to the city. How grateful I am for the Book of Mormon - tells me everything I need to discuss with my kids.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

But my running shoes have holes in them. What do I do then?

I love you - I am going to speedily respond to promptings this week!