Friday, September 23, 2011

As I have stated before, Ems continues to be a little social butterfly. I have a hard time getting through a store. She’ll just sit there in the shopping cart or in my moby-wrap and smile real big at everyone passing by (and she often tries to talk to everyone to get their attention if they aren’t looking at her). It takes me more time to go grocery shopping, but she’s sure cute.

On September 22, 2011 - she started crawling! She has two ways of crawling. The army crawl. And she goes up on all fours and pushes herself forward – she can’t get anywhere fast yet crawling, but she is doing it! She’s sooooo cute! I love watching her crawl!!

She can say Dada, Mama, and Baba…but mostly just opens her mouth and lets all the sounds she can out as loud as she can.

She started clapping (well, started trying to clap – sometimes those little hands don’t quite hit each other) a few days ago. She LOVES “If you’re happy and you know it” – her favorite song!

She loves eating solid foods and takes her bottle like a pro. She is in the 50% for weight and height and 90% for head size (same trend as the other girlies).

Carolyn and Angela continue to be the best at getting her to laugh. She is very ticklish. If I tickle her tummy or by her neck, she gets laughing pretty good. She also loves soft tickles. She sits there in heaven if you softly tickle her face, legs, tummy, back, etc. This is how daddy gets Emily to sleep…he’ll softly give her tickles and she’ll go to sleep. So sweet.






These picture are my attempt at showing Em’s Happy Hands. Whenever she is happy or excited – her hands start going in circles like CRAZY! We call her “Happy Hands” quite a lot. I love how when I go get her in her crib after nap or in the morning, when she first sees me – her hands start going like CrAzY and I get the biggest smiles and laughs along with it!! I love her happy hands! Her sisters get happy hands all the time when they go up to her – she LOVES her sisters.



1 comment:

Michelley said...

Love that bow! She is sure a cutie. Mark and I call it the "Emily smile" whenever Jules does the open mouth I'm so excited I can hardly stand it smile. We talk about Emily all the time!