Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Half Marathon and Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend was so much fun. Mostly, it was just amazing to have so much Andrew Time! On Friday, we headed to the mountains for camping with some of Andrew's BYU co-workers. We love camping so that part was lovely as always, but it was also fun with Andrew's co-workers. He does have ugly hours at times with his company, but we love so many things about the company - like the people Andrew works with. Andrew and his girls :) ...hiking the mountains

We love bringing sports equipment for outside and plenty of games, puzzles, books, etc. for fun in the tent. Here Ang and Em are doing puzzles together. Angela is such a great little helper.
On Saturday, we picked A LOT of corn. I think we went a little overboard. The church has a corn farm where every year they let members pick left-over corn. We filled our entire trunk full of corn on the cob. It was insane the amount we brought home and had to husk, blanch, cut, and bag. One of the girls and my favorite snacks is frozen veggies so we wanted a lot of corn to freeze. It was a lot of work to prep and freeze all the corn, but we are excited for our year (or more) supply of corn :) After picking corn, we hung out at Chris' for the big BYU game. So happy the cougs pulled it off, but we wished it were a prettier game.

On Monday, I ran my half-marathon in Boulder. It felt really, really great. I can't wait to run my next half-marathon!!!

And I know we are all just dying to see some sweaty pictures of me so here we go...I love that Andrew and the girls made me signs for when I was done! What an amazing and supportive family I have!



Andrew said that Emily grabbed the sign all on her own while sitting here...so he had to take a picture. What a little cutie.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe how big your girls are getting! SO cute!

Misty said...

Congrats on the half marathon. That is awesome!!

The Lambert Family said...

Congrats on the marathon! the camping looks fun too!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

I am SO IMPRESSED. Most of my friends out here are runners, doing the whole half and whole marathon thing...I never could! go you!

Michelley said...

You're amazing!!!