Every month the firehouses in our city do
story time...awesome! We get a tour of the fire station, read a book, eat a yummy snack, talk to firefighters, see them in their attire, and get a close-up look at those awesome trucks. We went with some friends this month and it was so much fun!
I didn't get a picture of all our friends we went with to the station, but here are a few we shared the experience with....

They also sent us home with some goodies...pencils, coloring books, and
their very own firefighter hat.

Carolyn's friend,
Kaylen, trying on the hat- I
couldn't' believe how heavy everything was that the firefighters wear - they said all their attire weighs about 50 lbs!

Angela and her good buddy, Tyler. Angela's most FAVORITE part of the whole experience was the juice box she got :) At the end of the day when we were sharing our highs and lows of the day, Angela very energetically told us that her happy part was "juice!" I think I know what I'm asking Santa to put in her stocking this year :)

Carolyn and one of her very best friends,
Kaylen.


Let me know if any of you want to join us for another adventure to the firehouse...we want to go again....soon :)
4 comments:
We'd go with you guys!
How fun! I heard they had started this--and have been meaning to find out when so I can take my boys! Let me know when/if you're going again--we would join you!
Looks like tons of fun! My kids would love to do something like that!
Looks like tons of fun! My kids would love to do something like that!
Post a Comment