I don't know when you can officially claim that you can read since it's such a gradual development, but Carolyn (and I) feel confident that Carolyn can read!! I wouldn't say she exactly
gets it yet. For instance, all "__at" words are "cat" to her and all "__
og" words are "dog" until I point out the
beginning letter. For instance, if she is reading "hat," she'll say "cat" and then I'll have to point out the "h" and we'll sound it out together. Anyways, she doesn't really get it all - but she does recognize and know enough words to be a confident little reader! I pulled out 3 books today that she had
never seen before and did an
amazing job at reading all 3 of them! She needed some help here and there, but for the most part she read all 3 books by herself. She was
very, very excited! She's been interested and wanting to read since she's been 2 so this is very exciting for us all! Good job, Carolyn :)
3 comments:
WOW! That's incredible. Not even 4 yet. She is so smart. And you are such a great teacher!!
That is great!!! She is so good! If it makes you feel any better, reading is really just memorization anyway so proof that she can read is that she remembers the sounds each letter makes and remembers quite well the "at" and "og" sounds right away. I say she sounds like a great reader!!! Way to go!!!
Great job Carolyn!
Post a Comment