Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Long Weekend with Andrew

What's better than that? Andrew took off of work Thursday and Friday...we didn't do anything "big," but enjoy some extra time with the amazing Andrew. On Thursday we went to a Rockies Game and then to Carolyn's swimming lessons! It wasn't the Rockies' best game, but it was fun going there and hugging Dinger, eating peanuts, and dancing...Carolyn started swimming lessons this month and JUST LOVES it! She is an awesome swimmer and is learning so much...she was so excited that Andrew could go to a lesson and see what she was doing. I LOVE watching her at her lessons...most every time she does something in the water, she looks over at me and smiles so big (and sometimes gives me a thumbs-up)...she's a pro and loves to know that I know that :) She's awesome. Friday, my wonderful and dear friend, Lisa, watched the girls while Andrew and I went to the temple and to Cafe Rio. Yes, you read that right...Denver now has a Cafe Rio!!! I'm sorry, but no one makes a salad like they do. And Saturday we got to hang out with Aunt Chantal. I started a Babysitting Group with two of my friends in the ward where we switch off watching all the kids once a month. So, basically, I babysit one time a month on a Saturday and then Andrew and I get two Saturdays to go out. It's great! Anyways, our little babysitting group started today.
This is the only picture I really got this week. Tonight we celebrated Chantal's birthday with her. Carolyn made this cake for her (she did the eyes and mouth...and helped with everything). The cake is David...check out that beautiful rock on the girl's finger! She is engaged! We are so happy for her and we are all in love with David...Carolyn has asked him on a few occasions before they were engaged when he was going to marry Chantal...so we are happy.

6 comments:

Michelley said...

That's so cute! I love the David cake. I'm so happy for Chantal. And I'm so glad Carolyn is loving swimming lessons!

anorthowife said...

congrats on surviving another busy season!!!!!

Kara said...

yay I'm glad you guys made it down to cafe rio! that's funny bc we were going to go again yesterday!

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had a great time celebrating the end of the season. Congrats to Chantal!

Emily Hamilton said...

You guys do so many fun things. Congrats Chantal! Awesome cake.

brenley said...

what a fun cake! we're so happy for chantal!!!!!!!