Friday, April 24, 2009

At the Zoo

Angela, Carolyn and I usually make it to the zoo twice a week. It’s really a win, win, WIN situation (“The Office,” anyone?) because all three of us love it!! Angela loves animals…I think she especially loves the birds because we can get closer to them and they are all over the place. My favorite is when she sees the elephants because I love watching her sign “elephant.” Carolyn loves the animals as well, of course. It’s fun because we have been learning a lot about animals in our preschool and it’s fun to actually go see the animals and talk all about what we know about them! I love the zoo because it’s fun getting out of the house, seeing and learning about the animals, and getting a little more exercise in. Win, win, win! Haha...
Carolyn usually likes to switch off what doll or stuffed animal she wants to bring to the zoo. She wants to be sure that all of her toys get a chance to see the animals. The “Look"! Usually Angela can be seen doing this throughout the whole zoo experience (or really anywhere or anytime)...maybe you can tell how adorable I think it is by all of the pictures.




She can also make other cute faces. Here she is mesmerized by (or afraid of?) the gorillas...
Sleeping after a long day of seeing animals....
"Hmmm.."
Happy little girl...

We love it when friends join us on our zoo visits!! This usually happens once a week because we have some friends with zoo passes. Here is Carolyn with one of her bestest friends, Kaylen…we love it when she comes with her mom and brother to the zoo with us!
The two girls watching the polar bear play in the water
This past week we had a special little treat: we went to the zoo with the cousins! We had so much fun with them!!



Janeil took this cute picture of Angela (thanks, Janeil!)...
Look! In this picture Angela is not the only one making the pucker face...Carolyn is joining in. Should I be worried about my girls?
Cute little buddies...Carolyn loved holding Anna and Katie's hand throughout the day!


We can't wait to get back!

13 comments:

janeil said...

Yes you should be worried those lips look ready to kiss some boys!!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

'the look' pictures were absolutely hilarious! Kids are so funny! how far is the zoo from your house?

Zelda Tinger said...

I absolutely love the "look" Angela gives! Soo cute of both your adorable girls!!! Some of those outfits looked familiar:)

Kara said...

Angela's faces are hilarious! That's fun you go to the zoo so much, is it free?

Michelley said...

That red bow of Angela is so cute! That's cute she is signing too! I can't wait to see it!

The Lambert Family said...

Cute! We love going to the zoo too!

k.young said...

How fun! I was just saying the other day how I want to start going to the zoo a lot, now that the weather is warmer.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's ok, I just log in as Jeff to look at your posts. My email is young.jennifer.m@gmail.com if you need it though. It was fun to see Andrew while he was here, a very pleasent surprise. I loved hearing stories about your cute girls while he was here. He's a good daddy.

Michelle M said...

I'm impressed you go to the zoo twice a week. I consider it an accomplishment if I make it out of the house twice a week--and that includes grocery shopping. :) Cute kiddos.

Shauna@shwinandshwin said...

I love the look! Your girls are so cute! I can't believe how old they are getting! I so miss our little playgroup days! I think it is awesome that you get to the Zoo so much, it looks like it is a great zoo!

Michelley said...

Love your new background!! Yeah for birthday month. I'm so excited for your two girls and can't believe they are turning one year older. Now Jax will be "little" again. And now I need to bug you to post something new!!!

Emily Hamilton said...

I love the Zoo. Looks so fun! You are such a great mom to take your girls to the zoo during the week. They look really happy! You have such CUTE girls!

Mommy said...

What a nice zoo you have. I can tell it is clean and children-oriented.,, Perfect for your family. I love Angela's hat. She looks like she is ready to start working in the garden in the backyard.