Angela gave a talk in primary this week. It was such a tender mercy in my life. Today Carolyn said something really sweet to me. We were watching The Book of Mormon animated video stories tonight and Carolyn said, "I want to be a child when Jesus comes again because He loves the little children. He calls them to gather around Him." I responded that seeing my children gathered around Christ would bring such amazing joy - more for me than being a child. Seeing my kids feeling the spirit and seeing them with Christ is one of the best feelings I can imagine. It was a really neat conversation and made me so happy that I am a mother. Made me so happy for my ancestors that accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ and that I have it in my life today. Made me so happy for Carolyn. And for each of my kids. Being a mother is the best.
Back to Angela's talk :) I learn so much from being a mom. This past week it was such a tender mercy to be able to watch Angela prepare to give a talk in primary. Her talk was about how the Book of Mormon was another testament of Jesus Christ. To prepare for her talk, she would pray before reading her personal scripture study that she would feel the spirit while reading the Book of Mormon. It took more than once, but she kept at it. On Saturday night, she brought me her Book of Mormon, pointed at a verse and said, "Mom, when I read this verse I really felt the spirit." It made me cry.
Here is what her talk was,
"The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.
I have a story for you. One day this week I prayed before I read the Book of Mormon. I prayed that I would feel the spirit. While reading, one verse really stood out to me. It said,
'Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten what great things the Lord hath done for us.' 1 Nephi 7:11
I felt the spirit when I read that verse.
President Benson said, 'There is power in the 'Book of Mormon' which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book.
Testimony."
I felt the spirit so much that night Angela came to me and showed me the verse she read. The Book of Mormon truly does help the spirit to flow in our lives and prayers are answered!
Whole Wheat Ginger Cookies
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment