Thursday, January 14, 2016

This morning when I was fixing Emily's hair, I asked her if I could put piggy-tails in her hair. She said, "No, then everyone will say that I look cute."

Tonight at our family nightly devotional, I shared my testimony of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I shared that just as Moroni promised that if we prayed to know the Book of Mormon is true that we can have that confirmation, it is true about the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. After I put the girls to bed, Angela came and found me and shared with me that she had prayed to know if the church is true. She said she felt the spirit a little bit and felt that it was true. She said she thought about how Jesus died for her. She said she thought about how she doesn't always feel like going to church, but once she goes there, she feels happy.

Angela's experience made me cry. It is making me cry as I type. How wonderful is the gift of the Holy Ghost that we can come to know our Heavenly Father and our Savior and His true church upon the earth. Thank you Angela for helping me to feel the spirit so strong as you shared your experience with me. What a beautiful testimony and experience.

No comments: