Wednesday, January 27, 2016

 I love what the spirit teaches us in how to be better. This week we started two things that I love. First, we've been eating a bigger breakfast together - although it is always my intentions of sending Andrew out the door with a smoothie (or else he doesn't eat much all day) - I've been striving to make more homemade breakfasts together that we can sit down and eat together - which includes something Andrew can take out the door with him:)

 Also, we started "The Question Jar"!!! This is amazing. It was totally inspired by a "face-to-face" questionaire with some of the general authorities and leaders in our amazing church. I loved that the youth would ask the leaders and apostle ANY question they wanted answered. SOOOO, on Sunday - the girls all put ANY question they had and each morning one girl picks one out and reads it and then we discuss together. I have loved this and the girls get excited and always want to pick out more than one. Some of the questions we have discussed this week are:

"Should we cheat?" (Emily's question)
"How can I get closer to my family?" (Carolyn)
"How do we feel Jesus with us?" (Angela)

I am feeling the spirit as I write this post. How blessed are we to have children to look for for an example - their amazing capacity to ASK!!! And we have had WONDERFUL discussions this week!!! I love my family!

 ....And some more highlights from the last few days. A picture by Emily. What an artist. Here is a picture of a castle:
 ...On Monday she was cracking me up because she spent 20 minutes while I was feeding Tommy putting together this great outfit:
 This is Emily's FAVORITE game this week. Yes, THIS week. If you know Emily, you know she is absolutely obsessed with games! Trouble takes the charts this week!
 This happy happy happy and sweet and good boy is 4 months!!! What a complete cutey. Last night during devotional, Andrew shared what he learned in his scripture study that day. He was preparing to visit a family in the ward and was reading Elder Bennett's talk from this past General Conference. Elder Bennett said "Our loving Heavenly Father rejoices in each and every faithful step, and if we fall, He rejoices in each effort to get back up and try again." He talked about how Tommy loves to try to talk and sing. When he asked the girls how he does at talking and singing - they were laughing - he sure tries, but we can't understand a word he says. But, we love Tommy and think he is doing a wonderful job - he tries so hard and we see that and just are inlove with every single sound he makes. He makes us so proud for trying. Andrew said this is how Heavenly Father feels about us. We come so short of becoming like Him - but if we are trying He is so happy about us. Here's to the boy we so love!! Our cute 4 month babe!!! I just don't think he could be more loved!!




Emily and I had a fun time coloring together today. I love Emily and do love being her mommy. I am going to miss my Emy when she goes to Kindergarten!
What a sweet, good girl. Today she spent about 20 min doing the dishes after she colored :)

No comments: