Tonight after Carolyn asked me jokenly (because she knew I wouldn't say "yes") if we could swing by McDonalds and get an icecream cone. Angela said, "I am not going to take my kids to McDonalds very much. I am going to use my money to go to the temple."
I sure love you, Angela! :)
**In church on Sunday in Relief Society, we were challenged to set a temple goal. In the lesson a story about our stake president's wife where she set a goal and didn't let anything interfere with the temple goal was shared. She said that one key thing she did to ensure that she would accomplish her goal is vocalizing her goal. Once she said it, she had to do it. I knew I should share my goal with my children. What a blessing, I thought, to have them help me accomplish my goal. My goal? Go to the temple two times a month. Once with Andrew and once on my own. I shared the goal with my kids on Sunday and invited them to share a goal to me about preparing themselves for the temple. I wasn't sure how much Angela was listening. However, tonight I was shown a great blessing I have already received because of that goal setting. Angela was listening. When we were sharing goals, we discussed people who sacrificed MUCH for the temple. About Sarah Evans (our ancestor) she walked across the plains in barefeet. So much sacrifice. What can we sacrifice? Elder Scott ("Temple Worship - a source of strength and power) teaches us that we can be JUST as bless as those who sacrifice for years to get to the temple. My blessing this week? Angela's testimony and faith in the temple. What greater thing can a 6 year old think to sacrifice than a McDonald's icecream cone? Seriously? Angela was so willing to sacrifice ice creams cones for the temple. What a beautiful latter-day example of being a pioneer.
Whole Wheat Ginger Cookies
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment