Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Today was the first day of Henderson.

Angela says she loves her teacher and thinks she's the nicest teacher she ever has had.

Carolyn is lucky enough to have Sophie (someone from Turnberry) and Matthew (someone from our ward) in her class. She had a good first day of school.

Angela was so tired at 7PM...must be exhausted from a full day of school.

During the day, Emily and I made big plans. Very big. An all day date while the girls were in school. We went to the zoo and then out to icecream. Emily's favorite animal is the peacock. She handled it well, but disappointed that the giraffes weren't inside in the zoo (just outside). We checked twice. No luck. We heard a peacock "honk" a few times. Which surprised me. I thought it was a goose but Emmy knew it must be her favorite animal, the peacock...she was right! :) It was a fun date with Emy. So sad my two girls are gone for most of the day but so grateful for the time I get with Emy. Three cute things Emily Said:

Me: "Why do you think the giraffe's neck is long?" (expecting then to have a conversation about how they need to be able to reach the leaves).

Emily: "Because that's the way Jesus made them."
__________________________________________
(While look at a zebra that was upclose) Emily: "Is it a girl or a boy?"
Me: "I think it's a girl."
Emily: "I don't see eyelashes."
(When Emily draws girls she puts eyelashes on them to show it's a girl- obviously the zebra must have been a boy because she couldn't see eyelashes)
____________________________________________
 Angela and Carolyn wanted to take the bus as part of their Henderson experience. Angela is nervous about getting on the right bus after school. After Emily said her personal prayer tonight, she said, "I prayed Angela would find the right bus." So happy Emily is looking out for her sissys.


























No comments: