This morning was awesome. I needed to get our family room carpet cleaned...so, me being the early riser that I love being - started early. As the girls woke up, they came downstairs and joined me in the cleaning...it was awesome! We had some great talks while we cleaned together...I love talking to my girls. We also practiced whistling while we worked. I told the girls about the person I admire and want to be like so much - my grandmother Jannie Hardy. One quality she has is being a hard worker. As a child, I loved listening to her whistle as she worked. She wasn't a good whistler - it was airy and hardly any sound came out as she whistled - but I loved listening to her do it as she worked hard around the home cleaning, preparing meals, and taking care of her grandchildren.
Angela definitely has a spiritual gift of working hard. She offers to help me when needed and always is finding ways to serve and help me.
Today was a little hard because this month marks 2 1/2 years of trying to get pregnant and not succeeding. The whole experience has brought me to me knees more than every before; has made me draw closer to the Savior and my Heavenly Father; has helped me to rely on the atonement and my Savior; has helped me to love and understand other people more; has helped me in so many ways. It has completely changed who I am - I feel. It has been so hard - but we were sent here and rejoiced at the trials we would face, knowing that they would help us become like our Father in Heaven.
Whole Wheat Ginger Cookies
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment