Friday, August 9, 2013

Today was a good day :)

We started the day off by watching the Thatchers while their parents went to the temple and out to eat. They have smaller children and my little nurturing girls had a blast at helping to take care of them. We played outside and went on a walk to meet our new neighbors (the Andersons - they are in our ward). We brought them some  homemade salsa and chips and had fun getting to know them. Callie (the mom) seems really nice and her two kids (Drake and Emy) seem like fun, too.

Right after babysitting for the Thatchers, we got to babysit for our good friends, the Muirbrooks. They needed someone for a few hours today and we were happy to do it. The kids had something they look forward ALL summer to - Lemonade Stand! I don't like asking neighbors for money so I haven't been excited about it, but once a summer is okay, I guess :) The girls made about $2.12...they now only need about $1 more to buy what they have been saving for...Carolyn is saving for a stop watch and Angela wants some sunglasses.

Carolyn likes having cooking/baking time with me everyday for our "Mom Time" together. So, we made Carolyn's special Healthy Banana Bread (she changed a recipe we had to make it healthy...no sugar in it, while flour, butter or oil - replaced all that with healthy ingredients like applesauce and whole wheat flour, etc). Anyways - we ate some of that and delivered some to our good friends, the Farnsworths.

When Daddy got home, Daddy and Carolyn went on a date. They held hands and walked together and talked together around the neighborhood. While Daddy and Carolyn were out - I got to go on a walk with Emy and Angela and then read book with them. Angela LOVES me sitting and listening to her "read" so she also read me a Little Critter Book :)

Then we all got ready for bed....had a great discussion while reading family scriptures together (talked a lot about Baptism) and Daddy told a silly story (as most of his stories are strange - they girls love them) about how the girls grew like giants and I shrunk down to Emily size. For family Devotional, Emily taught us about President Monson. We played a trivia question game about his life and i was esp. impressed with Angela. We had read a story earlier in the day about President Monson as a youth saving a girl in a rapid river. Angela recalled the story perfectly!

Then, to end the day most perfectly...Andrew and I talked for a long time (I love talking to Andrew) and we planned our Anniversary Date for next weekend!!!!!! I am so excited for Saturday - we are going to have a blast celebrating our 8 year mark! We are going to the temple to do sealings, going shopping together, going out to eat at TGIFridays, and then going to a movie (Percy Jackson). Excited :) Love that man! Carolyn says she wants to marry Daddy -but I tell her he's already taken so she'll have to find someone just like him - she gets silly and says she wants to marry Daddy. I know I lucked out with that amazing man!

No comments: