Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Carolyn's First Day of Second Grade!



 Showing a 2 for a 2nd Grader :)




Carolyn started 2nd grade today. It's always a struggle for me to send my kids off to school...I would love to home school but know that I have received strong confirmation that for our family - we need to be at Turnberry right now. It was fun seeing Carolyn reunite with her friends and run around and thrive being back at a school she loves so much.

Her teacher is Mrs. Haber. Carolyn liked her on her first day...she is pretty strict but will be nice as the school year goes on (Carolyn explains). She has a pet tarantula. Carolyn sits by Joey right now...who has been in all three of her classes so far. She met a girl name Paige in her class and sat by her during lunch. During her recesses, she tried to master the monkey bars and played with Cole Crawford, one of our neighbor friends. When she got home, she wanted to play barbies with Angela...then we played Uno and made pizza together...followed by reading and snuggling.

Emily and Angela spent most of the day at the library...story time and singing time. More than anything, Angela wanted to play Princess with Barbies with Mom...so that was a highlight today :) We did puzzles and then the girls listened to books on tape and danced to music while mom watched and got some work done.

One amazing thing that happen today was with Angela. I really wanted Angela to get Mrs. Burkeen for her Kindergarten class. Carolyn had her a couple of years ago and we are just obsessed with her...she was the sweetest and most enthusiastic and MOST LOVING teaching ever!! Anyways, at some point this summer, I realized that I shouldn't be praying that Angela got Mrs. Burkeen...that is what I wanted...I realized I should be praying for someone that would be best for Angela. So, I started praying that whatever was best for Angela would work out. I also was so indecisive about whether or not Angela should be in morning or afternoon kindergarten. I decided to put that in the Lord's hands as well. Today we found out that Angela got into a class with Mrs. S. The amazing part? She was put in an afternoon class with ONLY 14 KIDS!!!! Heavenly Father knew best. It is the smallest Kindergarten class and I think it truly will be perfect for Angela. Heavenly Father is so aware of us and knows what is best for us. I love that He showed His love for Angela and us by carefully placing her in the perfect Kindergarten class. I am so grateful for answered prayers and that Heavenly Father always knows what is best for each of us.

No comments: