This is my sweet Angela. Isn't she cute?

She LOVES to dress up. I don't even know how many outfits/dressups she goes through in a day...or somedays even in an hour. This girl loves it. She also loves jewelry and can always be found wearing her fancy jewelry.





This is my amazing husband and Carolyn. They're goof pots.

And they love each other. Angela is a huge daddy's girl, too. She asks me just about every day if she gets to see daddy that night. We love Andrew. He's basically the best dad ever. On Saturday I think he spent like an hour and a half reading to Angela...she was in heaven.

Last Saturday Andrew got to stay home from work and work from home...and I walked into our bedroom to find three cuties busy at work...



This is my very sweet and adorable Emily. I think I'm the luckiest to be able to hang out with this little jewel all day long...








And I am the luckiest to be able to be with these two sweeties all day as well...all three of my girls are such great friends. They have their differences at times, but mostly they all three get along so well and are so sweet to each other.







My golden birthday was awesome. Carolyn spent about 3 hours making stuff for me the day before my birthday. She sent me on a scavenger hunt around the house she did on her own…she made me “nice” notes in Easter eggs (Angela and Emily put notes in the eggs, too…Carolyn had Emily color pictures for me, too)...made me some books...and all the girls drew me some cute pictures. It was so sweet. And Andrew totally spoiled me. Thanks to Uncle Alex and Aunt Chantal staying home with the girls, Andrew took me out for a fancy date. I got to dress up pretty and go to the finest restaurant in Denver, Del Frescos. It was fancy. And yummy. And I just love that I got to dress up pretty with a handsome husband and go out for the night.

Andrew took the girls to the Dollar Store to pick something out for me...this is what the girls picked out...some party material...this is them in the morning singing to me :)



The girls with some of the cards they made me :) They made me feel so loved.
Look at that cute expression on Angela's face.

This is a picture of one of the gifts Carolyn put together...nice little notes with a bin full of Easter eggs with nice notes in it (like "I love you"..."You are nice"...etc.)



Carolyn with a book she made me...



Angela with a beautiful picture she drew for me :) She's such a sweetheart. I love how on her pictures she loves to always put lipstick on the lips of her drawings/colorings.

Emily's picture she drew for me.

Easter eggs with nice notes.

It was a wonderful day.
Besides partying, the girls have been up to other works..Carolyn decided to make an ABC book for her sisters to help them learn all their ABCs and sounds.

Here Angela is with a book she made :) I love her drawings and listening to her stories. She LOVES to read to me...Every day she loves me sitting with her and just listening to her "read" books...and she likes "writing" books and telling me the stories to go along with them.

Carolyn and Angela making their ABC eaters.


Is anyone else obsessed with the Friend magazine? We are. We love eating up every page of the magazines...we reread the stories over and over again...love the activites/recipes...everything is awesome! I love how at the end of almost all the Friend magazines this year they have cut-outs you can cut out and put on sturdy paper. The Cut-outs are stories from the scriptures. The girls have loved adding using those as a part of our Daily Devotionals together. We put sticky-tact on the back of our scripture pictures and the girls use our board to tell stories from the scriptures. We also use our scripture pics to go along with the pictures.



Cute picture by Angela :)

Angela making a book :)

We have been obsessed with Mo Willems over here. I love most of his books (there was one that I didn't like)...but for the most part we love him. Carolyn wants to be an author when she grows up...she says she wants to write funny stories like Mo. Carolyn and Angela wrote sequeals to one of his books ("The Pigeon Wants a Puppy"). Carolyn's story was about the Pigeon wanting a walrus. It was great.


Angela is getting so good with writing and all the stuff we are focusing on in preschool!

Carolyn loves writing...she usually writes atleast one book a day. Yesterday she wrote the weirdest/funniest story...it was about a girl that was really nice...until one day she got a haircut. Then she turned into a vampire and started going around biting people. It was called the "Scary Scary Girl"...don't worry, the girl went to sleep at the end and woke up as a nice girl again.
This morning when I woke up Carolyn up for school, she wasn't so excited to get up. I tried to get her excited to get out of bed...but everything I said wasn't exciting her...then we heard little Em talking from her room and I said, "Carolyn hurry and get dressed and you can go get your sister." With that, she jumped right out of bed and hurried to get dressed :) This is a regular occurance. Angela was, of course, the same way - she is a morning girl so it's not hard getting her out of bed - but she LOVES taking care of her sister. Both of them do :) And today was fun because Emily has always hated baths so I've always just been giving her sponge baths...well, today I wanted to show her how fun baths were so I got my swimsuit on and got in the tub with her...at first she was hesitant, but by the end she was splashing and giggling like crazy :) Maybe that will be come a regular thing we do together :)

At the zoo...Emily LOVES the birds. Here she is going crazy with daddy..signing "bird" and just in heaven looking at the birds in the bird house.



We got to go with little Ryan to his first visit to the zoo.

Emily growling at the cheetah.

Still growling, except at the lions :) ...Daddy and his girls at the zoo.
2 comments:
What a fun post. Happy late birthday! Your girls are sooooo sweet!
Love this post. I was actually wanting to make one of those "eat the letter" boxes for preschool but I LOVE the idea of doing it with a cereal box. Thank yoU!!!
Post a Comment