Monday, October 12, 2009

OUR NEW HOME!!!!!!

Today we bought a house!!! We are soooo overwhelmed with gratitude. We've been waiting about 4 months for this house and it is a miracle that everything went through (it was a short-sale house...AKA almost impossible to get). We recognize the Lord's hands and tender mercies as He pathed the way for us to get this- we feel so blessed!

We are going to miss our current ward we're in now, but we do love the area the house is in! It's a "young" area - so there are lots of parks everywhere and kids for the girls to play with! The primary in our ward is huge! We also feel really good about the neighborhood. It has wonderful resources and we feel like it's a great place to raise our girls. In addition, we love the actual house! Andrew and I hope to have a lot of cuties and the house will give us room to grow. We also love the fact that the house was built in 2004. We don't need to do any work in the house (yahoo!) and everything is so nice and new and has some great new features!!

It's been requested of me to post some pictures, so here we go (These pictures were taken before we bought the house so the stuff inside isn't ours):
Front Entry (please excuse the mess):
Kitchen. I'm a big fan of the island and I just love the appliances that came with the house. I've always wanted black and stainless steel appliances...and the stove is completely flat! Dream come true :)


To the right of the kitchen is a lovely pantry and the laundry room which leads out to the garage.
Here is our main floor bathroom:
It was hard getting a good angle of the Family Room...this is the best I got:
To the right of the family room is a sliding door leading to the backyard. The yard is not big, but it's definitely decent. We're just so excited to have a yard!!
I love the gas fireplace...it has a protection on the outside of it so little fingers don't get hurt if accidentally touched :)
The house has some cool light fixtures and fans throughout (All the rooms except for one has a light/fan on the ceiling):
Stairs leading to the basement (I'm so glad that they have carpet so I don't have to worry about Angela crawling down hard stairs!):
The girls will have fun running around the unfinished basement. If we do live at the house long-term, we plan on finishing it in a few years...
Here are pictures of the top floor...the main bathroom:
There are four bedroom upstairs. This bedroom will be used for the playroom: All of the rooms have GREAT walk-in closets!! Love it!
The master bedroom (the master bathroom is to the left...I didn't get a picture of it - but it has two sinks and a bathtub/shower and a toilet).
The Guest room (come visit us!!):
Carolyn and Angela's room:
I'm totally excited about having a park SOOO CLOSE! I can't even tell you! This is the park that is only THREE BLOCKS away!! I'm totally thrilled!!
This is a trail that is right by our house!!! I love taking the girls for a runs along trails so I can't even tell you how stoked I am about this! This trail entry is on our street - a few houses away. Sweet.
Again, we feel so overwhelmed with gratitude towards our Heavenly Father! There were so many miracles along the way to getting our home.

20 comments:

Michelley said...

OH I JUST LOVE IT!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! Love the vaulted ceilings in the front entry and the nice big window. Is that tile in the front entry way? That's a nice big spot for shoes, etc! Love the island in your kitchen and all the appliances. You have tonz of counterspace and cupboards. That's so great! And that's so nice you have a pantry and laundry room off the kitchen. I like the sink in the downstairs bathroom. We had one of those in the other house we had under contract and it was the perfect size for Jaxon to wash his hands. The ceiling fans all look great too! That's so nice about hte protection on the fireplace too - I didn't even know those things existed. I liked seeing what the basement looked like too. That'll be great to have the girls ride their bikes and run around in the cold winter months. That's so nice you have 2 bathtubs too!! And the rooms all look so big and walk-in closets! I'm jealous!! That's awesome! It all looks so brand new! I can't believe what an AMAZING deal you got on the house!!!! That's sooo nice!

Jannie said...

Thanks, Michelley! We did get an amazing deal on the house - it's worth a lot more than what we paid :) We feel so blessed.

janeil said...

Yea yea yea!! I am so excited for you! I knew you would get it because you guys deserve it. You have worked so hard to save and stay out of dept the Lord wanted to bless you. The house is huge!! You defiantly have room for a few more babies!! And I am so jealous of the Island in the kitchen and the black and stainless steal appliances. The whole place is beautiful, and I am excited to help you move in so don’t forget to give us a call and let us know the date.
janeil

James and Bethany said...

Jannie, that is so so so cool. I am so excited for you. I am a little jealous too. One day I will have a house. :) You are an amazing mom. I look up to you so much! I miss you to death! I need to find a way to come visit you now that you have a guest bedroom. My number is 801-631-2671. Love you!

Zelda Tinger said...

I love it Jannie, It looks really nice! I love the light wood in the kitchen with the black accented appliances! Looks like a nice neighborhood too:)

Joe and Laurie Denton said...

I am so happy for you guys. Now you have so much space. I wish that we were closer to you so I could help you with the girls or help you pack. But what an exciting time. Do the girls like it? What do they think? I am so glad that you have a park that is so close. Keep us updated. congrats!

Nicole said...

YAY! That's so exciting you guys! The house looks amazing and it looks like the area is really nice too. I'm so happy for you, you definitely earned all those blessing because you guys are so sweet, especially Jannie! (sorry andrew I had to throw that in there.) :)

Michelle M said...

Congratulations! I am so happy to hear that things have worked out for you. We'll be excited to come and visit you in your new house next time we're in town. Happy packing!

brenley said...

CONGRATS!! that is such great news! the house seems just perfect for you guys and sooo roomy! i love it! and the area seems superb and that is soo important to be in a good neighborhood. that guest bedroom is calling our name!!!!!! will you be in utah at all for christmas? i hope so, i'd love to catch up! i'm so happy for you guys! good luck packing! and congratulations again!!! such exciting news!!!!

Jannie said...

Awww...I have such sweet friends! Thanks for all of your nice comments! Thanks for caring :) In response to some of your comments, we do really love the neighborhood. While looking for houses (and I looked at over 100 of them :) I was so picky about the neighborhood...I wanted to make sure I felt safe there with our little family...and I love this neighorhood the house is in! I feel very safe! Anyways, thanks again everyone! Love to you all!

Misty said...

i love it! it is beautiful! i'm also jealous of the island in your kitchen. we hope to put one in some day but there are a few other projects we need to get out of the way first! Congratulations!!! I bet you can't wait to get in and really make it yours!! How exciting!

anorthowife said...

seriously, there's no better feeling than walking in, keys in hand, and realizing that it's ALL YOURS! you can do WHATEVER you want because it's YOUR house. if you want to paint the girls room pink, then pink it is! the girls are going to LURV the basement -- i can already see Caroline and Angela riding little scooters down there and running all around. hooray for you guys! when can you send me an address???!!!

k.young said...

I had no idea you guys were even looking at a house, I don't think. It is BEAUTIFUL. How fun! Congrats. And I can't wait to see pictures with your stuff inside. :)

Kara said...

It's PERFECT Jannie! I'm so happy you guys got the house of your dreams! I love EVERYTHING, congrats!! I'm excited to come visit now!

Jen said...

Congratulations! Let us know if you need help with anything.

Shauna@shwinandshwin said...

Beautiful!! That is soo soo soo awesome that you guys got a house! It is so nice and so big! I love the unfinished basement! That is my dream especially with the dude, it will be so nice to have the room to run during the winters. What a great little neighbor hood! Everything looks just wonderful! congrats!!

Misty said...

love your new header...collage! very cute pictures!

Unknown said...

Awesome Jannie! It feels good to finally close, doesn't it? We bought a house this summer in Alaska and felt the same way. We did have quite a lot of renovations on it though, but it's nice to have a house that was priced like a dive that now looks like new, and we saved a ton doing it all ourselves. Anyways, congrats!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

it's perfect!!!! I'm so so excited for you! what a wonderful thing to have!

Emily Hamilton said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you! CUTE house!!!