I love blogging! I love writing down things about my kids that will eventually turn into a book. It's such a wonderful way to keep a family scrapbook/journal! I also love reading other peoples' blogs! It's a great way to keep in touch with friends...and a great way to be inspired by friends!! For instance, this week my friend, Shauna, made a post that
totally inspired me!! She has two kids; her youngest wakes up at 5:00 AM. Amazing Miss Shauna found the good in the situation. She likes having her little girl wake up before her oldest for some good one-on-one time! Inspiring :) Angela likes waking up around 5:30 AM and Carolyn has been sleeping in until 7:00 AM. In the past when Angela has woken up, I would get her out her crib (snuggle for her awhile, of course) and then lay down on the floor or couch while she'd play around me to get a little more rest in....after a little bit of that, I would get up and get some stuff done before Carolyn woke up. Well, after reading Shauna's blog, I decided that I should cease those precious moments in the morning for some good one-on-one time. It's been wonderful! Angela gets up...just the two of us get some good time together for about 45 minutes...and then I still get somethings done in the morning before Carolyn gets up! It's been wonderful! It's easy finding the one-on-one time with Carolyn (during Angela's nap and after Angela goes to bed for the night)...but it was always a little more tricky to find that time with Angela! Anyways, thank you, Shauna!! I love my mornings with Angela :)
Here are some pictures of our mornings together:
We spend most of the morning reading books about animals:


Of course, some time also goes into trying on shoes :) Still a favorite passing time of Angela's:

I wish I loved that adorable with morning hair :)

(
Please don't look too closely as these pictures...I'm in sweats (it's been sooo cold in the mornings here)...have morning hair...and no makeup :) But, I wanted to post these pictures to record my precious time with my little angel in the mornings :) Just look at that little grin on her face. Too cute.

3 comments:
What a sweet inspiration! Thanks for sharing that with me! Angela is such a doll!!
Ahhh, I almost cried, who knew I could inspire someone. I am glad that you are enjoying your mornings. (I know how tough they can be) Angela is so cute and the pictures of you two are so great! I love how blogging captures memories, and your right it is so great for keeping in touch with friends and family, I feel like you never moved away.
You guys are both inspiring!!! I can't believe how early your kids wake up!! I hope you take naps with them! Oh yeah - Carolyn doesn't take a nap.
Post a Comment