Sunday, April 19, 2009

Carolyn's Favorites

(Whenever Andrew goes out of town, I always find myself blogging a lot :) This one is a long post and really for Carolyn to read when she's older! If you want to see more pics and stuff, just skip down to the Easter posting under this one :)

I love how each and every day in my life revolves around favorites...it always seems to be the topic of discussion around here. When meeting someone new, Carolyn needs to be able to at least get down the basics..."What is your favorite animal and color?" These things are important. Who would have thought that when seeing anything orange, excitement would break out as we reflect how excited Uncle Al and cousin Katie would be to see their favorite color...this goes for just about everything.

Here is a list of some of Carolyn's favorite things:


  • The color blue
  • Alligators! While at the zoo last week (another favorite thing of Carolyn's...and Angela's) we were looking at the alligators. It was quite an exciting day at the zoo because on that particular day the gators were swimming around (not in their usual sleepy mood). To our great enjoyment, one of the alligators came close to the glass window and started chomping down its jaws. I heard two kids beside me exchange words of fear, "Scary!" Carolyn thought differently, however. She took a good look at the big teeth chopping down and exclaimed, "HOW CUTE!!!" Only our little Princess Carolyn could find alligators so cute.
  • Favorite Care bear: Grumpy
  • Favorite Books (her favorite books are always changing, but this is the list for this week): Care bear books; Panda Bear, Panda Bear What do you See?; Goldilocks and the Three Bears; Fancy Nancy at the Museum; Safari Animals (or, really, any book with alligators, lions, gorillas and polar bears); Curious George; "Booty and the Beast" (how she says it..); Cinderella books...etc, etc...really the list could go on for a long time..we love reading together.
  • Favorite Princess: Cinderella
  • Favorite Foods: Chocolate (but it has to be the right chocolate - like Recess Pieces (sp?), watermelon, pretzels, cucumbers, brocolli, hot dogs, pears, vanilla ice cream, oranges, grapes...I wouldn't call her a picky eater, but those are probably some of her favorites right now.
  • Preschool...I love that she loves it so much! We started school together two weeks ago and I planned on having it as an every-other-day thing. However, she started asking me for it everyday (yeah :) so now it's part of the daily routine! I love it; it just feels like I'm playing "house" while doing it!
  • Friends! Carolyn just loves her little friends. Today at church she saw her friend, Micah, and ran and gave him a big hug. She looked at him all sad and said, "I miss you." If she goes a day without friends, she'll tell me how much she misses them.
  • Puzzles...her favorite one right now is a Cinderella one her grandma gave her.
  • Birthday Parties
  • Angela. Carolyn and Angela are such sweet little buddies. Sure, sometimes we have to be reminded to be soft, but they love each other and have so much fun playing.

3 comments:

Zelda Tinger said...

Fun to read... what a little princess she is!!

Michelley said...

I can't believe you are doing the preschool every day now. You're such a great mom!

Michelley said...

I can't believe you are doing the preschool every day now. You're such a great mom!