Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Living the Good Life

I love my life. I love the simple and wonderful things that happen every day. For example, yesterday Carolyn spent a long time making a picture for Daddy (she had to make it perfect for him). I left her alone for a little bit with the markers and when I came back to check on her, she had written her name all by herself. She’s been working on her name for quite some time now, but would always get stuck at the “y”…I can’t tell you how proud I was of her for doing it all on her own! After finishing her drawing, Carolyn and I laid on the floor together and she “read” books to me (I love listening to Carolyn make up words to books or remember what I’ve told her)…all awhile Angela had the time of her life crawling all over us giving me really big, cute smiles…I love the good life I live.

4 comments:

Shauna@shwinandshwin said...

You are such a good mama with such great girls! I love that Carolyn reads to you and great job on writing her name! That is so great!

Michelley said...

I'm still so impressed! Way to go Carolyn!

k.young said...

She can write her own name? That is AMAZING!
What a sweet post. It is nice to have a reminder of how great life really is. :)

Misty said...

We wish we lived closer to everyone! Looks like you had a great birthday! And way to go Carolyn! I'm impressed!