Maybe a little too much detail for you? Don't read if you don't want some fun potty training details:
About every month or so I give potty training a go with a new technique. Well, this morning we had a little break through...Carolyn announced to me that she needed to sit on the potty! Wow! She sat and gave it her best try, but nothing happened... So, she picked out one of her princess panties to wear and was promised to watch a "Little Einsteins" show if she would go (shows motivate Carolyn more than anything). Anyways, a little while later she was going potty in her panties so we ran to the toilet and I sat her down. Nothing happened for a while and then she let out a little toot...her whole face lit up and said, "It's working!!" Nothing happened after the little toot and so her smile faded into a confused look and she said, "What I do next?" So, yeah...Apparently, Carolyn's bodily functions do work, we just need to figure out what we do next now :)
Whole Wheat Ginger Cookies
16 years ago
5 comments:
That's a great story to share again someday when she's older. Isn't it great how little kids get excited about the littlest things - like the way our body works!
That is so funny! I have to say potty training is the hardest thing to do, Carolyn is so cute about it, she will be potty trained in no time I am sure! I find that the best "success" we have had in potty training is just spending some time sitting on the potty about once an hour, then Jude has gone potty by "accident" on the potty but he is finally understanding the concept and he tries to let me know when he has to go. It takes a lot of time, but Carolyn is older so maybe it will work faster for her. Good luck!
Well, we will see :) We've been working on the whole potty training thing since she was 18 months...I've just learned I have to be patient and wait for her to be ready for it..hopefully this break through means she getting closer :)...Until then, I guess I can just enjoy the convenience of a diaper (no bathrooms stops when we go out).
Ha ha ha! That is funny! Keelia is already showing a lot of the signs for potty training, but I am just not ready for it yet. Maybe after we get settled in our move! Good luck!
Boy, does that sound familiar! It took Alex awhile before he figured out how to go #2 in the big boy toilet. Goodluck with Carolyn, she's such a cutie!
Post a Comment