Saturday, October 8, 2011

First Snowfall of the Season

Oh, that first snowfall of the winter...what a day we've been all waiting for....

The first snowfall of the season means we get to blast "The First Snowfall" by the Carpenters...run around in the snow...and make paper snowflakes (next year I need to make sure to have hot chocolate in the house because that part didn't happen this time around). I love snow as long as I don't have to drive in it...and I'm done with snow once Christmas is over. But, today, it was a perfect day for a snowfall ;)
The first snowfall happen to fall on this little girls' 8 month day :) We love this little happy girl. She just loves to be talked to...her whole face will light up and smile and her happy hands will go crazy if someone starts talking to her...our sweet little social butterfly. She is getting even better at crawling (doesn't have it perfectly down yet - but has a little army/scooting crawl thing going on). We love our little Ems!
Making paper snowflakes...

I love this babe's adorable laugh :) She is very ticklish...esp. on the neck.
Our great friends, the Vickerys (aka Prince Micah's family) happen to be over on the first snowfall. It was fun to have them to celebrate.

4 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

You guys have so much fun! Looks like a great time. Enjoy the snow!

The Lambert Family said...

I can't believe there is already snow! Looks like fun! :)

brenley said...

you got snow!!! it was 80 here today. crazy!!i love all the pictures. the pumpkin patch looks great!! and go carolyn on her bike. jorgen was the same way, i thought it'd take forever but he was up and away in one or two tries. i was shocked but apparently it's more common (now that i know two kids like that :D). and your slumber party looks like a blast! we'll have to do that some time thought i don't think our kids would ever fall asleep! xo

Michelley said...

You guys have such fun traditions. I'm going to have to do that for our first snowfall. What a great idea!