First of all, I am so grateful for the Lord's tender mercies in my life. And people who are instruments in His hands to make those tender mercies possible. I am so grateful for my sister. She sent me an extra camera that she had (mine broke)...she acts as if it's not a big deal, but it is a
huge deal to me - thank you!!! Now I won't miss taking my kids' pictures in their Halloween costumes and such. Such a blessing to me!
Here is Angela with the pumpkin we got at the pumpkin patch on Friday...

I also wanted to post some of my girls' artwork so I can always remember them.
I am IN LOVE with this one! I just love the detail Angela put in this picture. Angela loves to draw and I, being the mom, of course am so proud of her! It is a picture of me...you can see the two eyes, mouth, hair, body, arms (with hands), legs (with feet), a bow in my hair, and inside my tummy...she drew a baby!! (She even put a bow on the baby - she knows it's a sister coming). She drew this all on her own...we didn't even tell her to put a baby in my tummy :) I love it.

And another picture from Angela. One of my favorite things to do is go through papers after Angela has spent a lot of time drawing. I love seeing the babies and people she drew (right now, she mostly draws babies, mommies, bottles, and tries to write her name). Here is one of the babies she drew...head, mouth, eyes, hair, ears, legs, and feet :)

And, of course, here are some pictures from Carolyn. We can't help but draw lots of Christmas pictures over here...in just a few more weeks we won't be so crazy to be listening to Christmas music and such! Anyways, I love this picture by Carolyn!

Carolyn's snowman...

Sometimes people think that we skip over all holidays because of our love for Christmas. This picture proves - it's not true! We are so excited for Halloween and love drawing Halloween pictures, too! I love this pumpkin and ghost by Carolyn. She wanted the ghost to look scary and I think she did a great job at it :)

Just so I that I can remember....Along with drawing, some of our favorite things to do around here is do puzzles, sing (esp. Angela has taken off on singing lately - she is singing ALL of the time - I love that when we have a longer car ride ahead of ourselves, we can count on Angela singing to us the whole way), play princesses (the girls have a couple of barbies and small princess figurines they love to play with in a doll house), play dress-ups, dance, play games (I seriously think I've played Candy land/Shoots and Ladders 9 times with Carolyn today and she is still begging me to play with her "just two more times"...she is
inlove with games), do preschool, ride bikes, watch movies (I really think showtime is the girls' favorite part of the day), go to the park, go to the library, play with dolls (Angela is obsessed with Birthdays right now - everyday is one of her baby's birthdays - Carolyn is so sweet how she plays along with Angela and makes the baby a cake, sings to her, gives her gifts, etc.), and just play with each other. The girls play so well with each other and are sweet friends - I am so glad they have each other! They love playing together and kissing and hugging each other all day long. I hope this lasts through teenage years :) They also just thrive on playing with friends - everyday they ask me what friends are going to come over and play. The girls also love to read. Angela reads throughout the day! She loves opening lots of books and doing her very best to tell the story! I love listening to her! She's such a doll! Carolyn loves listening to books and is working on becoming a better reader. She loves reading the
Dear Dragon series. She needs help with quite a few of the words in the books, but she just loves them and is doing so well. I love listening to her read - it's one of my favorite things to do.
6 comments:
What wonderful artists you have! I could absolutely tell that was you Jannie in the drawing by Angela. And Carolyn the holiday pictures make me so happy. I love Christmas and Halloween too. Good job!
Wow! I'm really impressed. The best we get out of tyler is still just scribbles and maybe some circles here and there. Oh well! Your girls are darling. It's fun to read what they are doing. We are going to venture out to a pumpkin patch some time this week. I have to investigate and pick the best one!!!
Their pictures are great! Your girls are so sweet and great to play with others. Will was asking where Angela was all weekend. I think he misses her.
Your girls are so smart!!
You are such a cute mom!!
LOVE the baby in the tummy with the boy. I'll be laughing all day over that. And love the Christmas pictures! 2 little Jannie's walking around - this world is definitely a better place because of it :-)
such little artists you have! i'm impressed! what fun drawings.
Post a Comment