Saturday, October 9, 2010

CAMPING!!!

Andrew and I love to go camping...we love the outdoors and just the whole experience of camping. However, the last time we took the girlies camping...Angela did not sleep well at all so it wasn't such a pleasant experience when night time came. Soooo, Andrew came up with the perfect solution! Day camping! We spent almost the entire day up in the mountains. We set up an tent (brought blankets, pillows, etc. in the tent - acted as if we were really going to stay the night), went hiking, played lots of games in the tent, roasted marshmallows and hot dogs, played sports, etc, etc. When night time came, we sat around the fire and told "scary" stories. Then, instead of crawling inside our sleeping bags to sleep at bedtime, we just hopped in the car and drove home to sleep. It was so fun! Hopefully Angela will be able to sleep better next year out of her bed so we can sleep overnight - but if not, we'll have a lot of day camping experiences ahead of ourselves for next year! It was fun!




7 comments:

Misty said...

what a good idea. We have never gone camping together since we've had kids. Phil took Tyler on the father son's this year but they slept in the car because the tent got flooded with rain! =)

brenley said...

that is a great idea! my kind of camping! glad you all had a great time!

Michelley said...

Oh my goodness - look at Angela's beautiful hair!!! How has she grown up so fast already?!?!?

And you guys are the cutest parents! What great fun.

And yes - I'm finally back alive blogging world!

Joe and Laurie Denton said...

What a great idea! I hope you don't mind if I steal that one. I love how Angela is rolling in the dirt!! I can't believe how big and cute they are. Glad you had fun!!

The Lambert Family said...

Caden LOVES camping! It is his favorite thing! :)

Jen said...

That's our kind of camping. Poor Will would be camping deprived for his whole childhood were it not for day camping...although, we haven't done it yet but we've talked about it. I'm glad to see it was a hit, we'll have to try it too.

Carolyn said...

Maybe Ponka and I can come and go day camping with you one day. It looks like so much fun!