Saturday morning Andrew and I attended a funeral (A huge thanks to my sweet sister-in-law, Janeil, for watching the girls for hours on Saturday morning! Thank you so much! What a life-safer!) The funeral was for one of Andrew’s best friend’s dad (Jeff Young’s dad). He partly grew up at the Young’s household as I understand it and loves that family. I have personally really grown to love the Young family - all of them (parents, siblings, and sibling-in-laws) are amazing people and such incredible examples. It was a beautiful service and the spirit was so strong – I don’t think that there was a dry eye in the congregation; I am so thankful for Brother Young and his amazing example.
After the beautiful funeral, we went to Chris and Janeil’s house for the BYU basketball game (thanks, once again, Janeil!). As soon as we got home from the game, Andrew surprised me and took me out for my birthday! Chantal and her boyfriend, David, came over and watched the girls for us. Man, it was just a weekend where everyone served me! Thanks so much, Chantal and Dave! Andrew took me to a movie that I was really wanting to see – Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I read the book last year and was really wanting to see the movie. It was a good movie, but completely different from the book – but I really liked it. I'm good at separating book from movie and enjoying both versions of a story.
Sunday was my birthday and my sweet family was so good to me. They let me sleep in (well, early morning church so sleeping in was 7:15- but that felt so good!), they decorated the house, made me a delicious dinner, gave me some great gifts (some wonderful home-made birthday cards, a rose, a box of my favorite cereal (Life), and a zoo membership pass! I love this traditional birthday gift because we the pass a ton!) Carolyn also gave me a bag full of marbles. Andrew had brought her to the Dollar Store and let her pick something out that she thought I’d like…without any hesitation, Carolyn picked out a bag of blue marbles and said that I would love them because they were pretty! What a sweetheart! They are pretty and we’ve been having so much fun playing with them! It was a great birthday where I mostly just got to be lazy! Thank you so much everyone for the phone calls, emails, facebook messages, etc. I felt so loved!
Pictures from our Friday Night Puzzle Party (we love having Puzzle Parties with Dad):
4 comments:
I'm so glad you posted about your birthday because I really wanted to hear about everything! I love the cake. She is so amazing. How fun - I'm going to make myself a princess cake sometime because every girl needs one! I'm so glad you had a good birthday weekend. I'm sorry about the Young family. I've actually been thinking about them after you shared what an amazing family they are.
Happy Birthday!! I am so glad you got to go out and have a fun night on the town. And thanks for Finnaly letting my watch your girls!! Your so funny of course I wanted to they are such good sweet girls it was no problem. Plus when you are around they don’t cuddle with me so I was glad to have some time with them alone we had some great bonding moments:)
happy belated birthday! sorry i missed it!!! what a cute cake though! i love all the princess madness over there! you guys are so fun!
Happy Happy Birthday! Looks like it was great. That cake is awesome.
Post a Comment