Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our 20 Month-Old Angela

Angela is the most maternal little girl I know! It is amazing how her gift of being such a nurturer is so evident at such a young age. Seriously, her life is about babies. 98% of what comes out of her mouth is "baby;" she doesn't go anywhere without one of her dolls; when we go somewhere, the entire purpose of going to that place (in her cute little head) is to find babies (during sacrament meeting, she just looks for babies most of the time); and her day is filled taking care of her dolls. Her day consists of putting her babies to bed (she puts them to bed several times a day...and makes sure we all give her dolls a kiss before she puts them down), she feeds her babies (she has a little highchair for her dolls...or she puts them in her own highchair), she rocks her dolls, gives them lots of hugs and kisses, pushes them around in her stroller, snuggles them, etc., etc. Seriously, this little sweety loves caring for her baby dolls. And she does such a good job at it. I love watching her when she wraps her doll in a blanket, then snuggles her while rocking her, and then she gives her baby lots of kisses. She has such a nurturing and sweet heart.

Angela is also a fantastic helper! She loves helping me with anything I ask her to do. She's so good at bringing people their shoes, coats, etc. when it is time to go. She's also excellent at running little errands around the house. If I need to get something to Carolyn or need to put something in another room, Angela very happily helps. If I need something, she loves running to get whatever I need and brings it to me (I also just love her cute little run!). She's such a sweety.

Angela is also my little snuggle bug. She loves snuggling and loves tickles. If you want to be her friend, just give her little arm gentle little tickles and she'll love you. I love it when we snuggle...often times when we are, she pull her little sleeves up on her arms and hold both arms out to be tickled. It's so adorable!

Angela has never really been interested in television (a great thing) until a couple weeks ago when we introduced the beginning of "Tarzan" to her (the part at the beginning when Tarzan is a baby). We have to fast forward the part where the jaguar is trying to get the baby (Angela watched it once and her sweet little heart couldn't take it - that little baby being chased by a scary monster was too scary of a thought for her)...Anyways, she now will ask for her "Tarzan" quite a bit. This is how she tells me that she wants to watch "Tarzan":

There is a little basket next to our couches with pillows and blankets. To let me know that she wants to watch her little show with me...she'll first pull out a pillow for me and then for her...then she'll put out a blanket for us to use. She sets up the pillows and blankets so we can be comfortable while watching the baby on "Tarzan" while snuggling. Then, she come and get me...she points to the TV and says "baby" and then acts like a gorilla (she'll pound her hands on her tummy while making gorilla sounds)....and then she lay down on the pillow and blankets and show me where she wants me to lay next to her...

...Now, really....how do you say "no" to that? :)


We just love the spirit our sweet Angela brings to our home. I could go off forever on things I love about my little girl, but those were just a few. She also loves coloring. Here is an example of her artwork:

4 comments:

Michelley said...

Once again, adorable post! I love that little baby lover! And that's so cute about Tarzan. I love that she does the gorilla thing. Cute picture of her too - and again I love the artwork! Your kids will treasure these posts!

Shauna@shwinandshwin said...

I love her mothering instinct! That is just too cute! Great post about your sweet little girl!

Misty said...

very sweet! what good girls you have!

Emily Hamilton said...

I love her darling smile! CUTE!