Monday, January 25, 2010

Stories, Snuggles, and Songs

One of my favorite times of the day is right before Carolyn goes to sleep. After we do our normal bedtime routine (books, brush teeth, prayer, scriptures, etc.), I tuck Carolyn in her bed, turn off her light and snuggle with her. During this time, we first tell stories. Carolyn loves the little stories I tell her (probably her favorite stories are the ones where she goes on adventures with The Little Einsteins). I love when Carolyn tells me a story (I love hearing her creative little adventures she makes up), but sometimes it’s just me telling the stories. Anyways, after stories – I sing her her “I love Carolyn” song:


(Sung to the tune similar to “I love you, Conrad” on Bye, Bye Birdy)

I love you Carolyn
Oh, yes I do
I don’t love anyone like I love you
And when you feel sad, I feel sad, too
Oh, Carolyn I love you


After I sing her her song, she sings me an “I Love Mommy” song…it melts my heart every time when she sings it…it’s the same song I sing to her, but instead of “Carolyn” she sings to “Mommy.” I love it and it’s always a perfect ending to a day for me. After that, we tell each other how much we love each other and how special we think each other are…I love being a mom - especially to my two sweeties!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love your night time routine. Bye Bye Birdie is one of my favorite movies!

Michelley said...

That's so sweet! You're such a great mama to do that with her every night!