Monday, January 11, 2010

Daddy's Girls

About two months ago, I was walking by the stairs and looked down to find the girls sitting towards the top of the stairs. They were intently staring at what seemed to be nothing so I asked them what they were doing. Carolyn's response was, "We are watching a basketball game!" Evidently, Carolyn saw the stairs as a perfect setup for bleachers at a basketball game so she invited Angela and some of their toys along to watch a game :) It made me laugh and happy that some of Daddy's love of sports was rubbing off on them!

So...for the past few month, Angela, Carolyn, and I have been having fun playing "basketball." We take turns watching the game on the "bleachers" while one of us goes and acts out the game (we even have a half-time show where Cosmo does cool tricks and gives everyone on the bleachers "five" and "knuckles").Last week we actually got to go sit on real bleachers and watch a basketball game! Andrew's parents gave us some Nuggets tickets for Christmas! It was a lot of fun! Going to sporting events is so much easier now that the girls are older! Carolyn is actually interested in the game and asks a lot of questions...and Angela has a blast trying to locate the mascot! It was a fun family event :)



The people in front of us were laughing because the girls were munching on celery while watching the game...I really lucked out with having two very healthy eaters :)

This past weekend was a special one for Angela...she went on her first date with Daddy!!! For their date, Andrew took her to a toy store so she could look at all the baby dolls (one of her very favorite things to do!) and then the two of them got some ice cream:) Angela had such a blast on her special date with Dad!
Carolyn continues to love her dates with her dad as well! She looks forward to her special time with Andrew and talks about their dates all of the time. Last month, Andrew took Carolyn to "The Princess and the Frog." Carolyn has been awaiting the release of the new princess movie for a long time so he took her right when it came out :) She had so much fun on the date!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love their creativity, who knew stairs could be bleachers?!

The daddy/daughter date pictures are darling.

Misty said...

What a good daddy, taking his little girls out! I hope he takes you on special dates every once in a while, too! =)

Looks like Carolyn wasn't a fun of Andrew's cheering? =) Those Kim boys get a little crazy! And yes, you are lucky with healthy eaters. In the hospital Tyler would only eat french fries, and after not eating for almost 48 hours i figured if it was french fries or nothing he could eat as many french fries as he wanted. I think he'd live on french fries and cookies if we would let him...but we don't!

Michelley said...

That is adorable! I LOVE it!! And I love the celery snacks. Your girls are so crazyily good!