This is a conversation Daddy and Carolyn had on Saturday while we all walked into Costco for some family shopping:
Daddy: “I want to be like Mommy.”
Carolyn: “You want to be like me, too?”
Daddy: “Yes!”
Carolyn: “To be like me, you dance and sing.”
Carolyn couldn’t have put it better than that.
She still insists to always wear a dress or a skirt so that she has the ability to dance all of the time with a flowing bottom. She dances in the grocery store, at the park, at church while we are singing in Sacrament meeting, on the walk from our apartment to the car when we are leaving somewhere…everywhere. She just can’t get enough of it.
She also loves to sing. All of the time. And very loudly. It was a given to me that people above and below our apt. could hear Carolyn’s tunes all day, but I was shocked when I spoke with the girl that lives ACROSS from our apt. and learned that she could hear her sing! Our apartments are not connected AT ALL! Our neighbor is very nice about it; she just told me that she loves listening to Carolyn’s songs in the morning while eating breakfast (another reason why we go to the park first thing in the morning - so we don't wake up the neighbors :). Hopefully this gives you an idea of how loud Carolyn loves to belt out her songs. And she belts all of the time. I was at the zoo with a friend of mine on Friday; she said, “Carolyn’s singing is like her cow bell. It’s easy to keep track of her.” Very true. It’s not hard to keep track where Carolyn is - just follow the singing.
I love Sacrament meetings with Carolyn. If she isn’t dancing to the hymns being sung, she is sitting down with the hymn book open (pointing to random words in the book) and belting out whatever words she can think of. Luckily, our ward sings pretty loud so only the people ahead of us get a good smile out of Carolyn’s singing.
Anyways, I could go on forever about this. Long story short: If you want to be like Carolyn, sing and dance.
Whole Wheat Ginger Cookies
16 years ago
6 comments:
So cute! I want to be like Carolyn!
Carolyn is so cute! How funny--to be like me you dance and sing! :) Too funny!
Adorable. Sounds just like Alex! Your girls are little sweethearts!
Kids are so cute! They say the sweetest things!
I want to be like Andrew!
(Just so that you don't feel bad that no one wants to be like you, surrounded by girls on all sides!)
Love, Mom
As for Carolyn, she's an adorable girl all the way. Jannie, her loud singing probably makes up for your soft, soft singing at one time in your life, right?
Love, Mom
I love this post!!!! I can't believe they can hear her across the apartment building!!!! She's amazing! Love it!
Post a Comment